Softpedia Editor's Review for MagicEffect Photo Editor
A tool that allows you to edit and add magic effects to your digital photos
Written by Elena Opris on March 23rd, 2012
MagicEffect Photo Editor is a program that lets you apply some effects to your favorite image files.
The interface of the tool is plain and simple. Users of any experience level can easily get around MagicEffect Photo Editor.
So, you can open an image file by using the file browser only, since the "drag and drop" method is not supported.
Here you can view the source picture and preview the results (optionally double-click the area to switch to full screen mode).
So, you can apply various effects from a preset and which include sketches, lights, stars, water, weather conditions, color adjustments, art, texture, edge and frames.
Make sure to click the "apply" button to make changes. This way, you can add even more effects.
In addition, you can use the undo and redo functions, save the image in the JPG or BMP format, set it as a wallpaper or print it after configuring page settings (e.g. size, orientation, margins).
The program runs on a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, includes a step-by-step guide and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests. Its response time is very good.
On the other hand, the demo version displays a watermark on the output files. Also, you are not provided with the possibility of adjusting effects. That's why we mainly recommend MagicEffect Photo Editor to novices.
MagicEffect Photo Editor description
Here are some key features of "MagicEffect Photo Editor":
Edit and Add Magic Effects to Your Digital Photos:
· You can add multiple effects onto your digital photo.
Provide 150 Magic Effects:
· It provides you over 150 magic effects to choose. You can create many magic effect for your digital photo.
Support to Mix Multiple Effects:
· You can use multi effects onto one photo. For example, first use one of Light effects, second use one of Star effects, then use one of Edge effects. By this way, you will get thousands of different special effects onto your photo.
Set Desktop Wallpaper:
· You can save your creative photo as desktop wallpaper by simply clicking a button.
· SVGA - minimum of 65K colors (16-bit) recommended
· 486 CPU or higher (Pentium recommended for animation)
· 64 MB RAM
· 100 MB free disk space
· Some functions in unregistered version can not be used
· Watermarks are added to the output image
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added more language skins