Softpedia Editor's Review for Photo Pos Pro
Easily create, edit, enhance, print, and manipulate your images.
Written by Elena Opris on January 11th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Photo Pos Pro
Photo Pos Pro is a tool that lets you create, manipulate and publish image files, by using professional tools in a simple manner.
You should pay attention when you are installing this product. Since it is ad-supported, Photo Pos Pro automatically installs a third-party toolbar and changes your homepage, unless you switch to custom installation mode.
The user interface of the program is pretty standard, but first-time users would probably feel confused. In this case, they are free to check out daily tips, tutorials and the user's guide.
With this tool, you can add a frame to an image, create a photo collage, crop, use the clone brush to remove an unwanted object, remove red eye, create a greeting card, insert a new object in a photograph (e.g. change image background), create a flame effect and film artwork design, create a neon sign, add watermarks, vector objects and effects, and much more.
Thanks to Photo Pos Pro, even beginners can easily get familiarized with professional tools. Apply filters (reduce noise, sharpen, blur, morph, edges), effects (perspective, spin, wave, line slice, metalize, inner shadow, star dust etc), create layers, frames and scripts, batch convert and batch resize images, turn your designs into HTML pages, and so on. Feel free to explore all its functions.
The program uses a high amount of system resources (but lower, in comparison with similar products), and we have not encountered any errors during our tests. We strongly recommend Photo Pos Pro to all users.
Photo Pos Pro description
Here are some key features of "Photo Pos Pro":
· Support of many picture file types including a password protected file type.
· Support of scanners and digital cameras - The software supports a wide variety of digital devices which capture images such as scanners, digital cameras and more.
· Advanced Image Enhancing and editing tools and functions - With these tools and functions you can improve, repair and enrich pictures. Among other things, here you will find automatic tools for picture repairing, tools and functions for repairing and improving pictures, tools for editing and changing colors and textures, a variety of filters, tools for resizing and changing the resolution and orientation of pictures and more.
· Tools for precision repairs and editing - With these tools you can perform precision repairs on pictures such as removing scratches and unwanted details, enriching, emphasizing, sharpening, blurring and spreading of areas on a picture and many more pinpoint operations. You can even remove zits and moles from facial pictures (portraits).
· Tools for creating Computer Graphics - With these tools you can create and enrich pictures using stunning, colorful graphics. The computer Graphics tools include regular brushes, custom brushes (apart from the variety of brushes that come with program, you can crate your own brushes yourselves), tools for drawing lines and shapes, the filling tools and more. The Graphic tools support Transparency, Textures, Patterns, Gradients and much more.
· Rich Text Tools - With the text tools, you can enrich your works using a variety of different texts. You can add different text to pictures, from simple, one-hue texts to complex texts which use complex multi-hue colors and textures, including Texts along Paths (such as a text along a circular path, a text along a rainbow path, a text along a wave-shaped path and more). Like the Graphic tools, the Text tools also support Transparency, Textures, Patterns, Gradients and much more.
· Special Effects - The software contains dozens of functions with which to create special effects. With them, you can both enrich your works and create stunning and eye-catching works.
· Gradients, Patterns and Textures - The software supports a variety of Textures, Patterns and Gradients. You can use the variety of Textures, Patterns and Gradients that come with the software or alternately, create new ones on your own.
· Pentium(R) 350Mhz/equivalent processor or faster
· 256 MB of RAM
· 300 MB of free disk space
· 16-bit color display adapter
· 800x600 resolution
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added new overlay frames with magical effects! Click Tools -> Frames -> Overlay and select the "Magical" Option(click to view screenshot)
· Added new brushes enhance - a controllable brush shade option
· Added new erasers enhance - a controllable eraser shade option
· Some Help Updates
· Some interface improvements.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function