Softpedia Editor's Review for PhotoPad Image Editor
Edit photos and images in no time with this easy to use application
Written by Elena Opris on June 8th, 2012
PhotoPad Image Editor is an application with a title that pretty much explains its functionality - it allows you to edit your pictures in a user-friendly environment.
The interface of PhotoPad Image Editor is simple and intuitive. Photographs can be imported by using either the file browser or "drag and drop" method.
So, you can create a collage or panorama, change the size of the pictures and crop them, as well as enable the tool to keep the aspect ratio.
But you can also insert images, mosaics and text, as well as make image adjustments (e.g. brightness, contrast, exposure, hue, saturation) and apply filters (e.g. blur, sharpen, red eye reduction).
On top of that, you can use the undo and redo functions, zoom in and out, change the background color, upload the image to Flickr or Facebook, and more.
The simplistic image processing tool takes up a moderate-to-high amount of system resources, includes a comprehensive help file for all user levels (too bad it doesn't come with snapshots as well), has a very good response time and ran smoothly during our tests.
On the other hand, PhotoPad Image Editor doesn't exactly bring something new to the table. But, even so, we strongly recommend this software to all users who prefer a straightforward tool, especially novices.
PhotoPad Image Editor description
Here are some key features of "PhotoPad Image Editor":
· Supports a number of file formats including jpg, jpeg2000, gif, psd, tiff, pdf and more
· Edit functions include Crop, Rotate, Flip, Resize, AutoLevels and others
· Allows you to adjust Temperature, Hue, Exposure, Contrast and more
· Effects include Red Eyes Removal, Blemish Reduction, Negative or Sepia Tones conversion and more
· Simple and intuitive interface
· Designed to be very easy to use for day-to-day operation
· Pentium 300 or above
· At least 16MB RAM (32MB for 2000/XP, 512MB for Vista)
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (Ask Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function