Softpedia Editor's Review for Saint Paint Studio
A paint package for editing photos
Written by Elena Opris on February 7th, 2012
Saint Paint Studio is a software that comes bundled with tools required for editing image files.
The user interface of the program is plain and simple. You can import one or more pictures by using the file browser (the "drag and drop" method is not supported).
So, you can use basic image editing tools, such as paint, color picker, line, curve, filled or unfilled square or circle, square or shaped brush, fill, spray and magnify.
But you can also add text, apply a red eye filter, crop the image, edit the palette of colors, use a color stencil and symmetry pattern, add brush special effects (e.g. smooth, blue, transparency, tint), and more.
In addition, you can batch convert files, use the "Undo" and "Redo" buttons, copy the entire image into the brush, automatically correct brightness, correct gamma, adjust the contrast, swap color channels and apply various filters (e.g. grayscale, black and white, negative, sharpen, de-speckle, oil painting, blur, add noise).
Furthermore, you can compose an animation sequence, use an animation editor and add frames, save and load the color palette, duplicate the image, merge layers, use animated brushes and a single pixel brush, and more.
The program uses a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, includes a comprehensive help file with tutorials and snapshots, supports several languages and didn't freeze, crash or pop up any errors during our tests.
Saint Paint Studio may not be as high-level as more popular similar tools and its interface may need some work, but it is simple to use. We definitely recommend it.
Saint Paint Studio description
Here are some key features of "Saint Paint Studio":
· Full support for every combination of colour depth conversion between True Colour/256 colour/16 colour/Monochrome colour images, including 2 dithering options.
· Complete animation system, with GIF and basic AVI support, including mixed colour depth images and mixed image sizes. Also with a full set of animation playback controls.
· A fully featured layer and alpha channel editor.
· An image file browser with adjustable viewing grid and an integrated set of file handling functions - find, rename, copy, delete, undo.
· Square or free hand brush grabs (selecting part of an image to use as a brush to paint with) and a comprehensive set of tools for manipulating them, including rotation (through any angle), resizing (with a bi-linear interpolation option), flipping, colour palette swapping, loading and saving, pasting as a newly created image, pasting with anti-aliasing. Also you can deform the brush image into almost any shape you like. This can be used to create a variety of interesting effects including perspective.
· Single image or animated brush grabs with a variety of pasting options.
· Image processing tools including conversion to negative image, conversion to black & white, brightness (including automatic brightness correction), hue control (colour tinting), contrast, gamma correction, image sharpening, image de-speckling, image blurring/softening/smoothing, image simplification (oil painting effect), a red-eye filter for eliminating red-eye from photographs, image resizing/cropping/stretching/shrinking functions (with the option of bi-linear interpolation) and image flipping.
· Effects include smoothing/blurring, translucency and brush paste fades.
· Quick Image duplication. Image copying and pasting via the Windows Clipboard, therefore incorporating screen capture functionality.
· A full range of painting tools including lines, simple geometry, spray can, text, curves, square and freehand brushes.
· A 256 colour palette remapping and swapping utility, including batch processing. Also batch processing into different file formats etc can be acheived by using the animation system as a simple image buffer.
· A host of palette manipulation tools, including loading and saving palettes, colour spreads, swapping, copying and excluding (a palettised image can be forced into any set of selected colours).
· A symmetry tool that allows easy production of cyclic or tiled patterns (very useful for website wallpaper). Full support for printing.
· Full help documentation system.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Saint Paint Studio 18.0 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |