Softpedia Editor's Review for e-Paint
A robust paint program that's easy to use and quick to learn
Written by Gabriela Vatu on April 17th, 2013
Nowadays, many artists choose to create their works digitally, so if you enjoy drawing, a specialized app might come in handy. e-Paint is a small program that was designed for this particular task.
The app has a simple interface and a clean layout, making it easy to figure out by all users.
The program comes with a wide range of tools that can be used to draw and edit images with. While the number of the available features is quite extent, it doesn’t burden users with innumerable features to click-through.
There are several selection tools, as well as antialiased drawing and text features. Some image processing filters are available under several categories, such as “Artistic”, “Blur”, “Color”, “Effect”, “Image”, “Noise”, “Photographic” and “Quality”. Each holds several entries that you can choose from.
For each of the selected tools from the side bar, it’s possible to adjust several settings, such as the size of the brush, the transparency level of the selected object or the font name, size and color for the text.
The app supports several file formats, such as BMP, TGA, PCX, GIF, JPG and PNG, some of the most popular image types out there.
The bottom line is that e-Paint is a nice tool that can come in handy quite often. Beginners should find the app easy to work with, thanks to the intuitive layout and its overall simplicity.
Here are some key features of "e-Paint":
· Create and edit graphics stored as BMP, PCX, TGA, JPG, GIF and PNG files.
· Draw with antialiasing to create smooth, professional lines, shapes and text.
· Soften, sharpen, color-adjust and manipulate your graphics with a rich library of image processing filters.
· Repair minor imperfections in your digital photographs.
· Make radical alternations to your pictures - attach the heads of people you don't like to the bodies of favourite pets. Become the photo editor of your own supermarket tabloid newspaper.
· Work quickly - the intuitive user interface of e-Paint will keep your mouse from melting down.
· Get up to speed with e-Paint's extensive documentation and tutorials.
· 10-day trial
· Watermark on output image files after trial period
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The installers have been updated to be fully compatible with Windows 7