BabelColor CT&A 4.5.0 Build 327
An application that provides you color measurement and analysis
You can also select and convert colors from color catalogues (Color Decks); the provided catalogues are the colors of British Standard 5252, FED-STD-595B, Munsell, and RAL CLASSIC, and you can create your own catalogue by exporting a color list (ex. A Pantone color list saved in CxF format) using the 'BabelColor CT&A Export' dialog of the PatchTool program (purchase of PatchTool not required for this export).
When connected to an Eye-One Pro (from X-Rite), you get these powerful spectral tools: a full featured densitometer; a RAL DESIGN converter tool; a unique set of Metamerism analysis tools to evaluate the constancy (i.e. shift) of colors under various lights, including two of your own lights; ambient illumination (ex.: light booths) and monitor evaluation tools based on ISO 3664, with the possibility of printing a single page report for compliance assessment; a multi-purpose graph tool where two inputs in any measurement mode (Emission, Ambient, Flash, or Reflectance) can be compared; and a set of tools to measure paper whiteness, brightness, fluorescence, and opacity, as well as measure white and black backings compliance.
For photographers, press operators, graphic and web designers, product and textile designers, scientists, hobbyists. BabelColor is an application that provides you color measurement and analysis.
- Define an RGB space with custom chromaticities, a custom illuminant, and a custom gamma.
- Get the chromaticity coordinates (xyz) of any D-series or blackbody illuminant by simply entering the source temperature, in kelvin (Ex.: 9300 K for D93).
- Get the coefficients of the Bradford chromatic adaptation matrix between a custom illuminant and many standard illuminants. You can also get the inverse matrix coefficients.
- Export the XYZ-to-RGB and RGB-to-XYZ matrices coefficients of the custom space to a spreadsheet.
- Includes many tutorials to learn how to use the program features and, at the same time, better understand color technology.
- Includes a complete help manual with basic color theory and detailed equations. "HTML Help" is used in Windows while a PDF file (250+ pages) is provided for the Mac. All help documents contain thousands of hyperlinks, for easy navigation, and a complete index. You can keep and use the Help even if you do not buy the program!
- The colors are shown in color patches translated to the native viewing characteristics of the computer platforms: Apple RGB (in Mac OS X and OS 8-9), and sRGB (in Windows and Mac OS X).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New features:
- ISO 3664+ tools / Color monitors: Added support for measuring the Tone uniformity (i.e. Color uniformity, Section 4.2.2) and Tonality Evaluation (i.e. Grey/White Tone ratio uniformity, Section 4.2.3) requirements of ISO 12646:2014-Final Draft.
- Measurements are performed on targets located on a 5 x 5 uniform grid.