Tell us about an update
| User Rating:
Softpedia Editor's Review for Embird
A compact application that allows users to edit, resize, split, print embroidery designs, and convert the images to PEC, DAT, PHB, EMD, JEF, PTN, and other file formats
Written by Ana Marculescu on September 18th, 2013
Embird is a professional Windows application designed to help you edit, resize, split, convert, and print embroidery designs.
The program comes packed with several dedicated tools which can be accessed from separate panes. The Embird manager allows users to select predefined folders which contain the images to be edited.
The directories are alphabetically sorted and you can also filter items by file extensions (e.g. EMD, JPG, BMP, CMD, PSD, TGA, TXT, ZIP, RAR, PNG, GIF).
Other important features worth mentioning let you embed text messages, pick the measurement unit (inches or millimetres), copy the image to the Clipboard, send it via email, use the photo as desktop wallpaper, add watermarks, and create ZIP archives.
The manager pane features several dedicated parameters designed to help you change the colour of the animation, background, and fabric, use several plugins, create backup files, make file associations, and save the palette to a file.
The program features a built-in editor that gives users the possibility to rotate the photos to different angles, zoom in or out, crop the selected area, preview the model in 3D mode, split or join images, undo or redo their actions, pick the stitch type, as well as perform basic editing operations (cut, copy, paste, or delete).
Embird offers a sew simulator mode that allows you to play or pause the animation, and select the number of stitches per second.
Furthermore, when it comes to converting the embroidery designs, you can print or save the generated pictures to a wide range of file formats, namely PEC, DAT, PHB, EMD, JEF, PTN, M1, EXP, DAT, DSB, SSD, SPX, MAX, PCM, DST, and many others.
Last but not least, the program provides a dedicated pane which helps users prepare their photos for editing operations. You can zoom in or out, crop the images, and save them to the Clipboard.
All in all, Embird bundles many useful features for helping you manipulate embroidery designs in a professional way. On the downside, the process is not very intuitive, so rookie may spend some time trying to configure the dedicated parameters.
Here are some key features of "Embird":
- Embird Manager
- Converts designs among many file formats.
- Supports many hoop types and sizes.
- Processes designs in ZIP and RAR archives.
- Displays designs in 1:1 scale and other scales.
- Creates (displays, prints and saves into .BMP or .JPG file) various types of design documentation.
- Provides photo realistic 3D preview of designs in order to enable assigning of proper colors to needles and to check the design without actual embroidering.
- Contains many threads catalogs and finds thread closest to chosen color.
- Reads and writes designs stored on memory cards, floppy or hard disks in various embroidery formats.
- Provides connection to Internet on-line stock design shop to sell or buy designs.
- Embird Editor
- Allows to insert and delete colors in design.
- Inserts text in various predigitized fonts and layouts
- Inserts Font Engine text automatically converted from TrueType or OpenType fonts.
- Joins and splits designs. Interactive free-hand splitting is supported.
- Moves, resizes with density adjustment, centers, mirrors, rotates and skews designs or their parts.
- Alows to edit individual stitches or parts of design.
- Simulates sewing of design.
- Sorts colors.
- Imports designs from Embird Studio, Embird Cross Stitch and Sfumato Stitch programs to save them in appropriate file format.
- 128 mega bytes RAM,
- screen resolution 800x600,
- True Color display mode.
- 30 days or 100 uses allowed
- New thread charts was added: Metro Embird is now capable of uploading designs to Tajima embroidery machine, new option was added to "Right Panel > Input/Output Operations > Port Connection to Embroidery Machine" menu.
- CROSS STITCH PLUG-IN:
- New type added: pixel stitch - available as horizontal or vertical. It will fill the cell in the grid with stitches. Available also as 1/2 pixel and 1/4 pixel.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Embird 2012 Build 8 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |