Martis Lite 188.8.131.52
Create and edit GPS vector maps
A special attention was given ease of use. If you ever worked with a vector graphics program you'll be familiar with creating Maps in a minimum of time. You just have to draw some lines and points. However, the creation of GPS maps is not a trivial task and it takes a lot of time to create a good map even for a small area.
With Martis you can:
- Create new Maps for your Garmin device.
- Import and edit existing maps from various formats and sources.
- Can download Maps from OpenStreetMap.
- Edit maps just like as in other vector graphics programs.
- Capture position data from a connected GPS device and record tracks.
- Calculate short and/or fast routes.
- Load and Save Maps in Polish Format, OSM and its own XML like file format.
- Load ESRI shape, MapInfo MIF and TAB files.
- Load and Save Tracks, Routes and Waypoints in GPX format and KML.
- Download maps from OpenStreetMaps.
- Compile the map to a Garmin IMG file using cGPSmapper and/or mkgmap with just one click.
- GPS Tracking using the Garmin protocol via USB and COM and NMEA via TCP/IP and COM. Automatically records the track in given interval and/or distance.
- Simulate GPS position data.
- Polyline and Polygon simplification using the Douglas Peucker Algorithm.
- Route finding using the A* algorithm.
- Unlimited Undo/Redo and all other usual editing functions.
- Guide Lines
- Editing the map as like in any other vector graphics program.
- Additional components: Alitmeter, Speedo meter (also for vertical speed), Compass, Altitude profile, Ruler (indicating map coverage, viewing area and GPS track pointer), threaded MiniMap.
- Threaded search engine.
- Map validation, find common pitfalls.
- Add bitmaps to the map and georeference them. Read GPS position from EXIF data.
- Support for Garmin Levels and Layers as found in other graphics programs.
- Map legend.
- You're completely free how to arrange all the windows and you can even save them. If you know Delphi, it's similar to Delphis Desktops.
- Due to the use of separate threads for time expensive operations, it takes advantage of modern multi CPU/Core/Thread computers.
- Supports the following projections (there are still some esoteric projections which are not (yet) implemented):
- UTM North
- UTM South
- British National Grid
- Dutch RD Grid
- Gauss Kruger, also known as Transverse Mercator
- Germany DHTN
- Irish Grid
- Irish Transverse Mercator
- New Zealand Map Grid
- New Zealand TM 2000
- Italy Zone 1
- Italy Zone 2
- Russian SK 42
- Swedish RT90 25 gon W
- Swiss Coordinate System
- Miller Cylindrical
- Albers Equal Area Conic
- Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area (Polar and Oblique)
- Lambert Conformal Conic
- Equidistant Conic
- Stereographic (Polar and Oblique)
- Azimuthal Equidistant (Polar only)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.3.2
- [MapDraw] Error loading maps with bookmarks (stievie) resolved.
- [MapDraw] More flexible bookmark type (stievie) resolved.
- [Program] Coordinate dialoguse current tracker position (stievie) resolved.
- [MapDraw] DEM importremove lines with less than 3 points option (stievie) resolved.