A scientific program written for people who are interested in two-dimensional digital signal processing
Maxipic is an image processing application for 128x128, 256x256 or 512x512 pixels greyscale images that provides the ability to transform such images into the spatial domain with the two-dimensional Fourier Transform and modify the image in that domain just as simple as drawing in a paint program.
The modified images can then be transformed back with the inverse two-dimensional Fourier Transform and compared to the original image. There are also a few standard image filter options such as Gaussian, Laplacian, Median, etc... .
Besides from these real trivial basic capabilities, Maxipic has several advanced features that can only be found in real expensive commercial apps for other purposes such as office apps.
For instance, there is a multilevel undo/redo feature with compression in the background, OLE inplace activation support, animated rendering of complex images as three-dimensional models in OpenGL windows, etc... (see the feature list for more details).
- Import of raw data files and Windows BMP bitmap files. Export formats are BMP and JPEG and raw data (a description of the supported raw data file formats can be found in the online help).
- OLE inplace activation support for container applications such as word processors, etc..
- German or English user interface which can be changed at runtime on the fly. Comprehensive help file support and tutorial in both German and English.
- Rendering of images either as greyscale pictures, colored phasor images or as three-dimensional OpenGL images. OpenGL support includes multithreaded animation, printing, print preview, clipboard and bitmap export.
- TWAIN support.
- MAPI support: Standard "Send as.." and a "Send as ZIP" command.
- Multilevel undo/redo with multithreaded compression in the background.
- Full shell support with drag&drop of shortcuts on printer icons, new document creation from the shell, etc...
- Customized print preview, extended file, print and page settings dialogs.
- Customizable splitter window support, full screen mode and zooming capabilities.
- Office 97 like look&feel with a gradient caption, cool-style toolbars, icons in menus and smooth scrolling.
- Native support for the Microsoft IntelliMouse.
- Industry standard install/uninstall support.
- Dithering on 16 colors displays.