| User Rating:
Very Good (4.1/5)
Softpedia Editor's Review for Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition
Photoshop Album allows you to view, fix and share photos
Written by Elena Opris on October 29th, 2012
Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition represents an easy way to organize your photographs and display them for the whole world to see.
Once you initiate the program, Adobe will ask you to select the path to the image files you wish to play with. For example, if you want to look for them in the entire computer system, Album Starter will automatically take the lead.
The interface is quite appealing but it may be difficult for some users to wrap their brains around it. Luckily, there is an extensive online help you can check out.
So, what can you do with the Photoshop Album Starter Edition? For example, you can batch import photos and repair them.
AutoSmart Fix requires only one click, while Fix Photo Window offers a few extensive features. You can enable auto color, auto levels, auto contrast, sharpen, fix red eye, or crop the respective image.
In order to compare results with the original piece, use the tabs displayed on the upper left corner of the window. View the original, before, after, or before-and-after images.
Creating a PDF slideshow is extremely easy. You just have to select the photos you want to include, preview results in full screen, and then click one button to accomplish the mission.
Afterwards, you can print your masterpiece or share it with the rest of the online world. In addition, Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition uses a surprisingly little amount of computer resources.
In conclusion, if you want to create a simple slideshow from a bunch of photos but prefer not to get into complex programs, then Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition might be the perfect fit for you.
Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition description
Here are some key features of "Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition":
- If your camera is not recognized by Photoshop Album Starter Edition, remove the memory card from the camera and insert it into a card reader, or get photos from the camera by using the vendor-provided software to copy them to the hard disk, and then import them into Photoshop Album Starter Edition from the hard disk.
- Do not write-protect memory sticks before importing the photos into Photoshop Album Starter Edition.
- Avoid TWAIN drivers for cameras. Use WIA drivers or mount as a mass storage device whenever possible. You may get duplicate images using Twain driver of digital cameras.
- In some Fuji cameras, the photos may initially display rotated in the Get Photos window and the Photo Well. It will appear correctly after the application refreshes the thumbnail.
- With certain HP cameras, say HP Photosmart 945, you may not be able to get MPG files(video) using Adobe Photo Downloader. To solve this problem, go to "Setup menu" in your digital camera and set "USB" to "Disk Drive" option. Alternatively, you can download MPG files using HP Unload software
- Certain .MOV files may not work correctly and may crash the software. This happens because of certain conflicts between different Codecs. We observed this behavior in certain .mov files using NDParser.ax (a codec used by Ahead Nero).
- Importing Photos:
- When importing large number of photos, import them in batches of no more than 15,000 at a time.
- Errors will occur if you import a PDF that was created using photos in your own catalog whose originals are on a CD. Instead of re-importing photos contained in such a PDF created using offline photos in your own catalog, simply use the photos that already exist in your catalog.
- Movie Clips:
- If you have any trouble playing movies (picture, sound or both), you may have some corrupted DirectX files. You can download and install DirectX 9 from the Microsoft site
- Contact Book:
- Contact book is no longer available in this version of Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2. If you were using Contact book in an older versions of this software, then you can manually save the contacts from the following file: "(C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/AdobePhotoshop Album/Settings/contacts.xml)". This file can be opened using one of the following programs: Ms-Excel, Notepad, or Internet Explorer 6.0.
- Email Clients:
- Photoshop Album Starter Edition can create email messages with AOL, Eudora, Hotmail, Outlook, and Outlook Express. If you use a different email client or service, select "Other" in Photoshop Album's email preferences and the attachment will be written to disk.
- If using AOL, you must have AOL set as your default client for it to work properly with Photoshop Album Starter Edition.
- If using Hotmail, problems may occur if you attempt to attach multiple individual photos. Use the PDF option to combine all the photos into one PDF file.
- When using Hotmail to send an attachment for the first time, you will be prompted to download and install the Hotmail Attachments Control. You must say Yes to this.
- Hotmail and other email clients may limit the total size of your attachments. This is specific to them, and you must choose file size settings in the email dialog to conform to your email client.
- If the default printer is changed in Windows while Photoshop Album Starter Edition is running, Photoshop Album Starter Edition may not detect the change until it is closed and restarted.
- Photoshop Album Starter Edition will sometimes create an edited copy of a photo while rotating, even if it could have been rotated without any degradation (losslessly). To correct this, revert the photo to original, then rotate again.
- Fast User Switching:
- When switching between multiple users accessing the same catalog, do not switch users when in the process of entering text (such as for a caption or note), or the text entry will be lost. Click out of the text field before switching users.
- Running Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Over a Network:
- Adobe Photoshop Album is not designed to be run when Windows is multi-launched over a network.
- You can access photos from network drives if they are mapped to a drive letter, but Adobe Photoshop Album cannot store any of its working files on network drives.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |