Softpedia Editor's Review for Picasa Photo Organizer
Fast and easy photo sharing from Google
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 24th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Picasa Photo Organizer
Managing and organizing our digital photos can be a hassle sometimes, especially if a software that is designed solely for this purpose is not installed on our system. If this is he case for you, you can try one of the applications that is most widespread nowadays - Picasa Photo Organizer.
This tool can be very well used without an Internet connection, although you can fully enjoy all its features only when you're online. Basically, Picasa is especially tailored to help keep all photos organized, regardless if you'd like to sort them by album, date or some other type of information.
Installation is pretty easy, but you should pay an extra bit of attention because the setup package comes with third party software that can change the settings of your web browser.
The interface is pleasant as well as easy to use, enabling you to browse through your photos in an instant. Picasa automatically scans your computer for pictures and organizes them in folders, showing you thumbnails for instant browsing.
Besides the fact that it's such a powerful photo manager, Picasa Photo Organizer also provides some nice editing functions. It enables you to resize and crop pictures and also add various effects to improve image quality.
Picasa Photo Organizer can automatically synchronize your library with a Picasa online account, so you can share and show photos to your friends in moments. Also included in the feature pack are a backup function, a picture collage creator, a batch editing script, a folder manager and many other goodies that can make your life a lot easier.
All things considered, Picasa Photo Organizer holds its own very well and given it's popularity this may be one of the top choices for any user who needs effortless photo sharing and management.
Picasa Photo Organizer description
· 100 MB available hard disk space
· 256 MB RAM
· 1024x768 screen resolution or higher
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or newer
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed Sync/upload to re-upload on image size or metadata changes.
· Fixed reading jpg files saved by Gimp.
· Fixed Reading some png files with metadata errors.
· Fixed some errors storing faces in XMP data.
· "Save as" and "Save a Copy" are now re-enabled when switching away from two-up AA mode.
· The size option for uploads is now saved in the album data.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Attempts to change the default search engine for web browsers installed on the system