PictureRelate is a reliable software that enables users to add multiple image files or folders and search for picture similarities.
Pattern recognition and image analysis has tried for many decades and has failed, so far. But there are some basic image properties that can be analyzed by a computer. PictureRelate uses a set of such features to classify images.
These features were designed to mimic the human eye, i.e. they use what neurologists like to call "pop-out" features.
The human brain uses pop-out features to find interesting visual elements fast. So a major benefit of using this technique is: it is fast! Using a large number of such features and combining them in a weighted way often gives surprisingly good results.
With a bit of experience you can browse pictures on your hard disk and from the web by similarity by choose a picture close to what you are looking for, adjusting feature weights to fit your criterias, select a more similar picture, and repeat this process.
As an additional benefit you can search for duplicate pictures, which have a different image format, or different size, or even for duplicates which have different text stamped into the image.
You can create mosaic pictures made out of other pictures. For ease of use PictureRelate supports browsing, viewing, renaming, deleting, etc. You can copy and paste and drag and drop images from PictureRelate to other applications or to the desktop and from other applications and the explorer into PictureRelate.
PictureRelate reads all major picture formats like JPG, BMP, PNG and TIFF. Any other picture format can be easily imported once you did install a filter command. Examples for using IrfanView and XnViews NConvert are supplied.
PictureRelate is specifically designed to work with a large number of pictures. 100.000 and more pictures are still searchable easily and quickly on a modern PC, once the database is built.
Here are some key features of "PictureRelate":
· Browse pictures from different directories and drives in a single list
· View, Rename, Delete, Copy&Paste, Drag&Drop, switch to Explorer
· Can handle large lists with 50.000 pictures and more
· Image formats: JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, PPM, PGM, PBM, RAS
· Reads any other format via import filter command
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· With Firefox 18 SendToPictureRelate stopped working, displaying the following message: "Error: Not enough arguments [nsIWebBrowserPersist.saveURI]". Searching the web showed that Firefox developers changed their API in a non-compatible way, and it appears they are even proud of doing so. Unfortunately intelligible information about how to pass a meaningful value to this new "safety relevant" parameter is not supplied. It's sad the change is important enough to Firefox developers to break the API, but not important enough to document it in a way understandable to add on developers, e.g. by supplying some examples. However rumor from some forum indicates the parameter is irrelevant for add ons, so I set it to "null". Now it appears to work as before, as far as I can see.