Softpedia Editor's Review for Img2CAD
Convert images to AutoCAD-supported formats with ease
Written by Elena Opris on December 13th, 2012
Img2CAD is a program with a pretty self-explanatory name - it can help you turn image files (e.g. BMP, JPG, TIF, GIF, PNG, PCX) into AutoCAD documents (DXF).
But the tool can also convert items to EMF, WMF, TXT and HPGL (Hewlett-Packard Graphics Language). Apps like this can be of assistance if you have taken pictures of a graphical design and wish to process it in AutoCAD, for instance.
The application is wrapped in a clean and intuitive interface. Adding items to the file list can be done with the help of the file browser, folder view or "drag and drop" function. Working with multiple entries simultaneously is possible.
The file queue displays the source path, initial format and status of each image. If you want to leave the default settings unaltered, then you can immediately start the conversion procedure after establishing the output folder and format.
Otherwise, you can access the 'Options' area and specify the thinning mode (center line or outline), scale of original, color threshold, tolerance level and objects to be identified (arc, dash line, circle, polyline, arrow line, hatch).
Additionally, you can include subfolders and set Img2CAD to overwrite existing files and to open the target directory when all tasks are done.
The graphics processing tool is very responsive, includes user documentation and runs on a low amount of system resources. Img2CAD did not cause us any difficulties during our tests, such as freezing, crashing or popping up error dialogs. The output documents have a good graphics quality.
All in all, Img2CAD proves to be a reliable piece of software for building AutoCAD items from pictures. It can be seamless handled, even by less experienced individuals.
Here are some key features of "Img2CAD":
· Input image formats: BMP, JPG, TIF, GIF, PNG, PCX, TGA, RLE, JPE, J2K, JAS, JBG, MNG and more.
· Output formats: DXF, HPGL, and others.
· Outline solid raster areas.
· Create center lines and outlines.
· Scale images in the X and Y directions to make them larger or smaller.
· Color, Gray and black-and-white images vectorization.
· Tracing raster lines, arcs, circles, arrow lines, dash lines, polylines, hatches on monochrome, grayscale or color images.
· Increase or decrease brightness and contrast.
· Automatic correction: restoring of intersections, aligning, joining fragments, joining fragments to line, arc, circle and polyline.
· Removing low sized vector objects, correction of recognized texts.
· Automatically straighten images to a reference line.
· Remove speckles of color to make colors more uniform.
· Can adjust tolerance levels.
· Batch processing.
· The unregistered version only allows you to convert three files at one time without rerunning the program
· Nag screen
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Img2CAD 7.2 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |