Softpedia Editor's Review for SWF & FLV Toolbox
Lets you convert SWFs into Projector EXE, JPEG, animated GIF formats
Written by Elena Opris on April 28th, 2012
SWF & FLV Toolbox is a software designed to help you convert SWF, FLV and EXE video files to video, images, SCR and others, in a simple manner.
The application comes with a user-friendly interface in which you can import videos by using either the file browser or "drag and drop" method. Batch processing is allowed.
So, you can specify the output format and destination (same as video or custom), and initiate the conversion process.
In addition, you can configure settings for each output extension, such as AVI codec, frames per second, keyframe rate, quality, crop, resize and grayscale (in case of images).
If you want to convert videos to screensavers, you can edit the title, settings image, homepage link, and others. In case of SWF, you can enable to auto play or loop the file, adjust the controls opacity, select the background color and remove sound. Settings can be restored to their initial values at any time.
The converter runs on a moderate-to-high amount of system resources, supports several languages for the interface and can guide you to an online user documentation with snapshots. The image and sound quality of the output files is maintained at a very good level.
We haven't encountered any kind of issues during our tests and highly recommend SWF & FLV Toolbox to all users, whether they are novices or advanced.
SWF & FLV Toolbox description
Here are some key features of "SWF & FLV Toolbox":
· Protect your SWF files from being opened and viewed in Flash StudioNew!
· Add cool movie controls to FLV files converting them to handy SWF PlayerNew!
· Create exclusive screensavers from any SWF/FLV/Projector EXE file and add your homepage address, e-mail address, title, etc to its settings.New!
· FLV to video conversion New!
· Capture interactive as well as non-interactive Flash movies into Video files in a single-click of a buttonNew!
· Turn your SWF/FLV files into thrilling stand-alone programs thanks to Advanced Projector feature
· Modify Advanced Projector caption, icon, cursor, version information, window size and location, expiration date etc.
· Convert SWF into video (AVI). Note that MP3 is the only sound format supported for frame-by-frame video conversion.
· Convert SWF/FLV movies into Projector EXE, animated GIF, AVI, frame-by-frame JPEG/GIF/BMP files
· Your users no longer need to have Macromedia Flash player installed to view Flash animation
· Unlock protected SWF files
· Force Zlib compression and reduce your SWF/FLV files' size
· Adjust optimization settings for JPEG, apply different color schemes for GIF, select the desired frame rate for AVI files and lots more
· Advanced Projector executable is rendered without storing intermediate files on disk making it impossible to grab SWF file from the executable, which makes it a great solution to protect your privacy
· Add unique zooming control to resulting Projector EXE file
· Advanced Projector files cannot be decompiled
· Additional compression allows achieving lowest ever executable file sizes
· Convert Projector EXE files back into SWF
· Onscreen preview of the selected files
· Convert SWF/FLV/Projector EXE files one-by-one or in a batch
· Quickly access "Temporary Internet Files" folder contents without necessity browse through the tons of folders
· Full Drag-and-Drop support
· User-friendly innovative user interface
· CPU: 1GHz
· RAM: 1 GB
· Free disk space: min 20 MB
· DirectX 9 installed
· Watermarks on resulting videos and images
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added: conversion of SWF/FLV/EXE files into a set of PNG images.
· Added: possibility to decompile selected SWF file directly from SWF & FLV Toolbox with the help of Flash Decompiler.
· Added: interface language automatically switches depending on the language set in Windows Regional and Language.
· Options. Possible only if the needed localization is present in SWF & FLV Toolbox, otherwise English will be applied.
· Added: French and Portuguese localizations
· Much improved: interactive capture during SWF/EXE files conversion into a movie or set of images
· Fixed: incorrect playback in Internet Explorer 8.0 of SWF files with controls converted from FLV with SWF & FLV Toolbox
· Fixed: erroneous work of screensavers, converted with SWF & FLV Toolbox. The issue was present on Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
· Fixed: incorrect display of SWF & FLV Toolbox window (in Demo only) if it was run on screens with small resolution
· Fixed: incorrect controls behavior during batch SWF files conversion