Softpedia Editor's Review for AutoGK (Auto Gordian Knot)
THE tool for DVD-2-XviD/DivX conversion
Written by Giorgiana Arghire on October 5th, 2012
Auto Gordian Knot (or AutoGK, in short) is a toll especially created for those who want to convert their videos to CD or DVD sizes but have little to no knowledge about the codecs or apps they require. Users simply need to download and run the installer then use the app.
The setup package offers to install some additional applications, such as XviD Encoder, AviSynth and VobSub – if you already have them installed onto your PC, you can skip them. If, however, you do not, it is advisable to install them as they are required for successful encoding.
Since it is targeted at novices, the interface of AutoGK is intuitive and user-friendly, so that users can easily choose their source video then select a location and filename for the output file.
Next, they can choose the audio and subtitle tracks they want to associate to the generated video (this is useful especially when the source file comes with several subtitles and only a single one needs to be retained in the converted clip).
When selecting the output size, users have several options: they can choose one of the predefined sizes (so that the video can be stored onto a CD or a DVD), they can manually enter the size in MB or they can adjust the target quality in percentage.
AutoGK comes with several optional parameters that can be modified before completing the conversion, such as the resolution width, the audio type or the codec (either XviD or DivX). In addition, if WinRAR is installed on the PC, one can even use external subtitles with their videos.
To round it up, AutoGK offers users with the tools they might need when encoding their videos to successfully store them on CDs or DVDs.
AutoGK (Auto Gordian Knot) description
Here are some key features of "AutoGK (Auto Gordian Knot)":
· DVD/VOBs(unencrypted from hdd), MPEG2, MPEG1, transport streams (including multi-program ones) and AVI/DV input sources
· XviD or DivX(5/6) output formats
· AC3, DTS, PCM, MPA input audio tracks
· AC3, DTS, MPA, CBR/VBR MP3 output audio tracks
· two audio tracks in AVI
· external (vobsub) or internal (burnt-in) subtitles (with support of forced subs)
· HDTV input/output resolutions(upto 1920x***) and frame rates (50/60fps)
· automatic crop and resize based on compressibility of the source to achieve best results
· automatic detection of input source: PAL, NTSC, FILM, HYBRID
· automatic deinterlacer and IVTC
· automatic split into CD-sized chunks for main video and external subs