K-Lite Codec Pack Basic 10.9.0
A collection of DirectShow filters and codecs to play videos that you download from the Internet or that you already have stored on your system
It is small-sized, so you can carry it around on a USB flash disk or similar storage device, in order to install it on any machine. Depending on the user's skill level, the installer can be picked from simple, normal or advanced mode.
Supported components include DirectShow audio decoding filters (LAV Audio), video deocoding filters (LAV Video), a source filter (LAV Splitter) and a subtitle filter (DirecVobSub), along with tools (Codec Tweak Tool, Win7DSFilterTweaker) and shell extensions (Icaros ThumbnailProvider and PropertyHandler).
The user is able to adjust settings for each codec separately, thanks to the configuration panels. Otherwise, the default options give you the possibility of playing audio and video stream without any problems.
K-Lite Codec Pack Basic has minimal impact on system resources and commits the new modifications rapidly. We have not come across any issues in our tests, since the application did not cause the OS to hang, crash or pop up error dialogs. There are two other K-Lite Codec Pack editions, namely Standard and Full.
Reviewed by Elena Opris, last updated on December 13th, 2014
K-Lite Codec Pack Basic
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.63-21-g3e5b692
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.9.4
- Updated Icaros to version 2.2.7 b3
Application descriptionK-Lite Codec Pack Basic comprises a codec package intended to encode and decode various audio/video formats to ensure ...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function