Softpedia Editor's Review for Apex VCD Ripper
Allows you to convert your favorite VCD movies to most video file formats
Written by Elena Opris on March 12th, 2013
As the name implies, Apex VCD Ripper is a software program which rips Video CDs (VCD format) and turns them into other file types, such as AVI, MOV, RM, WMV and MP4.
But it can also prepare items for iPod devices (MP4 format), create image sequences from them (e.g. GIF), as well as extract the audio stream and save it to MP3.
The interface of the application is based on a standard window with an uncomplicated layout. Importing VCD items into the list can be done by using only the file browser, since the "drag and drop" method is not supported. Working with multiple entries in a single session is possible.
The file queue shows the source path, default split span, frame size, output type and status for each video. If you prefer the default settings, you can directly initialize the conversion procedure after establishing the output profile and directory.
Skilled users can tinker with audio and video options in regard to the frame rate, bit rate, sample rate, volume level and channel mode. It is possible to create new output profiles but you cannot restore settings to their default values.
In addition, you can preview clips in a small, built-in media player and trim them by marking the start and end position, remove an item from the list or clear the entire file queue, as well as make Apex VCD Ripper automatically turn off the computer when all tasks are done.
The video conversion tool takes a reasonable amount of time to finish a task while using a moderate-to-high quantity of system resources. It also includes a help file for inexperienced users. We have not encountered any misfortunes during our tests, since Apex VCD Ripper did not hang, crash or pop up error notifications. The output videos have a fair image and sound quality. Unfortunately, no recent updates have been made to Apex VCD Ripper.
Apex VCD Ripper description
Here are some key features of "Apex VCD Ripper":
· Support converting VCD video from dat, mpeg, mpg file to AVI, Divx, Xvid, MPEG, MOV, WMV, RM, RMVB etc. PC Video
· Support converting VCD video from dat, mpeg, mpg file to Apple iPod, Sony PSP, Cell Phone 3GP, Microsoft Xbox, Pocket PC, Portable Media Player ect. Moblie video.
· Support converting VCD video from dat, mpeg, mpg file to Flash SWF, FLV, Flash FLV ect. web video
· Support converting VCD video from dat, mpeg, mpg file to MP3, WMA, WAV, MP2 Audio
· Support converting VCD video from dat, mpeg, mpg file to Gif Animation and GIF, BMP, EPS, JPG, PCX, PSD, PDF, TIFF, WMF, EMF, PNG, J2K IMAGE
· Extreme fast Conversion speed;
· User-friendly UI with "easy" procedures .
· Support batch files conversion.
· Specifies start and end position while convert
· Support large video files, even large then 2GB.
· Select to automatically shut down your PC after conversion.
· No Technical Knowledge Required.
· Adaptec's ASPI driver for win32 (version 4.71 is recommended)
· 500 Mhz or better CPU
· 128 MB or more RAM (64 MB is enough for Audio Recorder)
· 50% conversion limit
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Apex VCD Ripper 5.98 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |