Softpedia Editor's Review for Apollo PSP Video Converter
Connects to your PSP device and transfers video for you, automatically sets default PSP video filename, PSP video title.
Written by Elena Opris on December 3rd, 2012
Apollo PSP Video Converter is an application that you can use to prepare videos files for PSP and PS3 devices (MP4, MPG). But you can also extract the audio stream and store it as MP3.
The tool is wrapped in an uncomplicated interface where you can add files to the list via the file browser or "drag and drop" function. Handling multiple videos at the same time is possible.
In file queue you can find out the name, source and output format, along with the progress and status of each item. If you are satisfied with the default items, then you can immediately start the encoding procedure after establishing the output profile and destination.
Otherwise, you can customize audio and video preferences when it comes to the encoder, bit rate, frame rate, size, aspect ratio, channel mode and volume level. Unfortunately, you cannot create output profiles or restore settings to default.
In addition, you can remove an item from the list or clear the entire file queue, preview clips in a built-in media player, as well as crop and trim them by marking the start and end time values. Plus, you can configure the encoder preset, enable deinterlacing during conversion and set Apollo PSP Video Converter to turn off the computer when all tasks are done.
The video conversion tool uses a very high amount of system resources to complete a job in reasonable time. It is very responsive, includes user documentation and preserves a fair image and sound quality in the output videos. Apollo PSP Video Converter did not freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests.
On the downside, you cannot specify the thread priority or set Apollo PSP Video Converter to open the output directory or to turn off the computer automatically after encoding.
Apollo PSP Video Converter description
Here are some key features of "Apollo PSP Video Converter":
· Preview source clips.
· Video source supports AVI, Divx, Xvid, MPEG, WMV, ASF, RM, RMVB, SVCD, VCD, MOV any video format play-able.
· Setting Profiles realize 1-click to be professional.
· Batch files conversion.
· Built-in PSP video manager transfers the output video easily.
· Manage PSP Memory-stick friendly.
· 2-Pass encoding ensures the best output video quality.
· Direct any video files to MPEG-4 format without losing quality.
· High-speed encoder ensures smooth conversion of video and audio data.
· Movie scene spot edit-able.
· Keep the original aspect ratio or resize movie to fit the PSP monitor resolution.
· Custom define the output audio volume.
· Shutdown computer automatically when job is done.
· User-friendly interface without any complicated settings.
· CPU 700 MHz or faster.
· 128M RAM.
· DirectX 8.0 or higher
· 50% conversion limit.
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· fixed some minor bugs.