Softpedia Editor's Review for FLV to AVI WMV MPEG Free Converter
Small and easy to use FLV Converter
Written by Elena Opris on July 3rd, 2012
FLV to AVI WMV MPEG Free Converter is a simplistic software which lets you encode FLV, F4V, MP4 and M4V files to AVI, MPEG, WMV and MP3.
The interface of the program is plain and simple to navigate through. Media files can be imported into the list by using the file browser only, since the "drag and drop" method is not supported. Batch processing is allowed.
In the queue you can check out the source path, duration and status of each file. Once you specify the output format and destination, you can initiate the encoding process.
Additionally, you can remove an item from the list or clear the entire queue, enable FLV to AVI WMV MPEG Free Converter to overwrite existing files, as well as configure audio and video options when it comes to the bit rate, frame rate, codec and size. Settings can be restored to their default values.
Once the conversion task is done, the program offers to open the output directory. FLV to AVI WMV MPEG Free Converter requires a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, quickly finishes a task and manages to keep a fair image and sound quality (although it could had been a lot better).
No errors have occurred during our tests and the tool didn't freeze or crash. However, there is no help file available and the interface is outdated. We recommend FLV to AVI WMV MPEG Free Converter with reservations.
FLV to AVI WMV MPEG Free Converter description
Here are some key features of "FLV to AVI WMV MPEG Free Converter":
· Very fast and without any quality loss
· Support Batch convert
· Very user-friendly interface
· Supports AVI, Divx, Xvid, MPEG1, MPEG2, WMV, MP3
· All supported flash FLV/SWF formats to AVI, XVID, MP4
· All supported flash FLV/SWF formats to MPEG I/II MPEG4
· All supported flash FLV/SWF formats to Windows Media Format (WMV)
· All supported FLV/SWF formats to MS Zune/Creative Zen
· All supported FLV/SWF formats to Pocket PC (PPC)
· High-speed encoder ensures smooth conversion of video and audio data
· Support large video files, even large then 2GB
· 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above
· 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended)
· 10MB HDD space for installation
· Super VGA (800x600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system