Softpedia Editor's Review for ImTOO DVD Ripper Standard
Rip DVD to video and audio files, split / compress / customize files
Written by Ciprian Paius on December 8th, 2011
There are a lot of DVD rippers and converters out there, each of them with their pluses and minuses. Some of them offer speed, others quality or advanced editing options. In the end, what makes the difference is the ability to responds to the user's needs.
When putting together the good and the bad about ImTOO DVD Ripper, the outcome is definitely positive. First of all, the DVD ripper makes your work as simple as possible thanks to the multitude of predefined profiles that allow you to easily choose the media output based on the device you plan using it on.
You can convert the movies on a DVD, transfer and watch them on Youtube, Vimeo, Flickr or Facebook, convert them for Wii, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, a wide range of smart phones, iPod or iPad. And if that is not enough, you can customize your own profile by specifying the output file type, video codec to be used, video size, bitrate, frame rate, aspect ratio, encoding mode and metadata.
ImTOO DVD Ripper allows batch converting of chapters on a DVD, thus allowing you to attend to your business while the conversion takes place. The software can use all available CPU cores for the ripping process to speed up and allows you to enable GPU acceleration to cut down the time for conversion even further.
If used in the background, you are also provided with priority options to let you determine the amount of CPU usage so that it won't greatly affect your computer's overall performance. What's most important though, is that the converted video and audio quality are extremely high and the time for the conversion is reasonable.
Besides that, the Ultimate edition offers you a set of video editing tools, the possibility to add video effects, watermark the video, and subtitle management.
ImTOO DVD Ripper Standard description
Here are some key features of "ImTOO DVD Ripper Standard":
· Rip DVD to AVI, WMV, DivX, XviD, ASF, FLV, SWF videos, or MP3/WMA audios.
· Split one title/chapter into segments.
· Support multi-core CPU processing, multithreading and batch conversion.
· Transfer converted DVD movies to iPod, iPhone, PSP directly after DVD ripping.
· Customize the output settings like bit rate, frame rate for fluency, sample rate, channel, codec and more parameters.
· Auto retrieve disc info from Internet once inserting DVD disc.
· Specify the output file size you want with Bitrate Calculator.
· Add multiple profiles for one title/chapter or clone title to output many files in the same content with only one click.
· After-done actions provided: shut down, hibernate, stand by and quit.
· Run the program in the background to save CPU resource.
· 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above
· 256MB RAM
· 100MB space for installation
· Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher
· DVD-ROM drive
· Only the first three minutes will be ripped
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Supports ATI Stream encoding technology
· Enables to transfer output files to iPad/iPhone 4 directly after conversion
· Supports outputting videos to iOS 4.3 device
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (Bing Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function