Softpedia Editor's Review for Magicbit 3GP Video Converter
Convert your 3GP videos to AVI, MPEG or convert RM, MP4, MOV, WMV, MPEG, AVI to 3GP format.
Written by Elena Opris on March 29th, 2012
Magicbit 3GP Video Converter is a tool that you can use to encode media between various formats, including AVI, 3GP, MOV, RM and MP4.
The interface of the application is simple and intuitive. You can import media in the list by using the file browser only, since the "drag and drop" method is not supported. Batch processing is allowed.
In the queue you can check out the name, duration, status, source and output format of each file.
So, you can specify the output directory and extension, and proceed with the conversion task.
But you can also configure audio and video settings when it comes to codecs, size, bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, quality, sample frequency rate, channels, and others.
Furthermore, you can view file properties, preview the clip in a built-in media player and split it, change the interface language and theme, as well as access "Preferences" to set the maximum number of simultaneous processes and the action to take in case files with the same name already exist (e.g overwrite).
The converter takes up a moderate amount of system resources, quickly encodes a video and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests. However, the help file is incomplete and Magicbit 3GP Video Converter doesn't exactly excel when it comes to the visual aspect. Otherwise, we recommend it to all users.
Magicbit 3GP Video Converter description
Here are some key features of "Magicbit 3GP Video Converter":
· All properties and settings are displayed in the interface - Users can see the file properties and settings without opening another window with ease. If you are a beginner, you can keep them default.
· All encoders/codes are built-in - The software integrates with all video/audio encoders/codes and users can convert all supported formats once download the program.
· It supports batch conversion - You can select all files you want to convert and Magicbit 3GP Video Converter will automatically encode them one by one even if these files use different settings.
· It supports preview and can convert any clip or segment - The software allows users to choose start point and duration at will.
· It offers excellent output quality - Using Magicbit 3GP Video Converter, you will get any output formats you want with excellent quality
· Intel Pentium or higher recommended
· 128 MB (512 MB RAM or above recommended)
· 50 MB of available hard disk space
· Encodes 2 minutes of each file.
· For files shorter than 2 minutes, only half file is converted.