Softpedia Editor's Review for Sothink Movie DVD Maker
Will convert your videos to DVD format and burn DVD discs.
Written by Elena Opris on December 10th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Sothink Movie DVD Maker
As the name of this piece of software suggests, Sothink Movie DVD Maker allows you to create and burn DVD videos. The tool supports several audio and video formats, including AVI, WMV, MKV, RM, FLV, MP3, WAV, OGG and CDA.
Sothink Movie DVD Maker is wrapped in a clean and intuitive interface. Importing items into the file list can be done with the help of the file browser or "drag and drop" method. It is possible to create a single DVD movie from multiple videos.
The file queue provides specific information about each entry, namely the thumbnail, name, format, dimension, duration and status, along with the elapsed and remaining time.
Before proceeding with the disc burning procedure, you can select the current burner, target disc size, TV system and zoom mode.
Experienced users can configure audio and video settings in regard to the codec, bit rate, aspect ratio, zoom mode, sample rate and number of channels. Unfortunately, you cannot create output profiles or restore these options to default.
Customizing the DVD menu can be done when it comes to the title (font, title text), button (font style, button text), playback (e.g. play next video after the current one) and general settings (e.g. template name, background image and audio track).
It is also possible to change the layout style when it comes to the file viewing mode (details or thumbnails, minimal or maximal thumbnails). Plus, you can enable logging, change the temporary folder and set Sothink Movie DVD Maker to automatically turn off the computer when the DVD movie is burned to disc.
The DVD video processing program requires a moderate amount of system resources to finish a task in reasonable time. No errors have occurred throughout our testing and Sothink Movie DVD Maker did not freeze or crash. The app supports keyboard shortcuts. Considering its simple-to-use and high-end features, Sothink Movie DVD Maker should definitely be taken into consideration for creating DVD movies.
Sothink Movie DVD Maker description
Here are some key features of "Sothink Movie DVD Maker":
· Fast convert any video to DVD, like AVI to DVD, MP4 to DVD and WMV to DVD. Burn DVD from all favorite video formats, like AVI, DivX, XviD, MP4, WMV, MPEG, RM, RMVB, FLV, 3GP, H.264/AVC MOV, MKV, etc.
· Create DVD from high definition camera videos such as M2TS, M2T and MTS. Support Sony, Canon, Panasonic camcorders and more.
· Burn DVD movies on DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-5, DVD-9, etc.
· Customize video dimension, bit rate, zoom mode, audio, frame and other DVD properties.
· Make a DVD by trimming video clips.
· Add external subtitle to DVD movie.
· Create DVD menu with pre-made dozens of stylish DVD menu templates.
· Personalize DVD navigation and DVD menu creation by adding title text, background music, background image, and other customizations.
· Batch video to DVD conversion with multi-core CPUs supported.
· Processor: Intel 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above (P4 or K8 is recommended)
· 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended)
· Has a prompt text on interface and will leave information on burnt DVD chapter(s) indicating that DVD video is created by the Free version
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· In DVD Menu, user can modify the template and save as new template.
· Support creating menu without background audio.
· Support creating menu for 16:9 screen.
· Enable users to trim video in the preview window, not in the pop-up window.
· Add the function of cropping video.
· Support closing/sleeping computer after finishing burning.
· Can not add some FLV files; preview some FLV files without images.