Convert 4:3 videos to 16:9 format
Take Video-to-HD for a test drive to see what it can actually do for you!
- Pillar Bars:
- This method places the 4:3 footage in the middle of the 16:9 frame. Leaving black bars on both sides with vertical columns or pillar bars. Hence the name "Pillar Bars", this option does not alter the original footage in any way. However, many people find it distracting.
- The second method simply magnifies the 4:3 images to fill the screen, but it keeps the aspect ratio in correct proportion. The downside is that the images are cropped as a result of the zooming. Thus you're not seeing everything that's in the original frame.
- In this method, the 4:3 image is stretched horizontally, to make it fill the 16:9 screen area. This is the most popular method used by widescreen TV set owners. Most of the time it causes a lot of distortion and it almost always makes people look fat.
- Perceptual Aspect Resize:
- Indocomp's New Perceptual Aspect Resize functions brings together the best of all worlds. By filling the 16:9 screen, eliminating the "Black Bars". The resizing is done in such a way that the central focus of the human eye does not see the effects of the resize.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added more code to correct ffdshow settings.