Softpedia Editor's Review for iWisoft Free Video Converter
Freeware to fast convert video and audio files between any formats.
Written by Elena Opris on April 17th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for iWisoft Free Video Converter
iWisoft Free Video Converter is a program that you can use to encode video files between several extensions, including AVI, ASF, MOV, MPG and WMA.
The interface of the tool is clean and intuitive. Videos can be imported into the list by using either the file browser or "drag and drop" method. Batch processing is allowed.
In the queue you can check out the name, original and trimmed length, estimated size and output format of each file.
So, all you have to do is specify the output profile and destination, and proceed with the conversion process.
In addition, you can configure audio and video properties when it comes to codec, size, rate, bit rate, ratio, channel, sample, volume and others. Settings can be restored to their default value at any time.
Furthermore, you can merge, crop or trim the video (by marking the starting and ending point), apply effects (e.g. gamma, contrast, brightness, saturation), as well as add a logo and text, view file properties, create and save output profiles.
On top of that, you can take snapshots and set their directory, enable iWisoft Free Video Converter to open the output folder or to shut down the computer when all tasks have been completed, and others.
The video converter uses a moderate-to-high amount of system resources and can take a while to complete a task. But the image and sound are kept at a pretty good quality in the output files.
No errors have popped up during our tests and iWisoft Free Video Converter did not freeze or crash. There's also a comprehensive step-by-step guide with snapshots that you can check out online. We strongly recommend iWisoft Free Video Converter to all users.
iWisoft Free Video Converter description
Here are some key features of "iWisoft Free Video Converter":
· Easily convert videos of all popular formats like AVI, MPEG, WMV, FLV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, AVCHD, MKV, RM, MOV, XviD, 3GP, etc.
· Rip almost all video formats to audio in MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, FLAC, APE, etc. as well as convert between any audio formats.
· Convert any video to image files in GIF, JPG, BMP, PNG, Animated GIF.
· Supports batch conversion.
· Optimized output profiles for your digital devices.
· You can customize the video and audio parameters and save as your own user defined profiles.
· Allow you to edit video with powerful full functions, such as crop, trim, merge, add watermark, specify effect and so on.
· Simple to use with high conversion speed.
· Excellent output video and audio quality.
· Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above
· Graphic Card: Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher