The AVI Bitrate Calculator application is actually a compilation of calculators optimized for use with my DVD-2-DivX Guides and Rip Pack. Nevertheless its features are indispensable for almost any DVD / DivX / xVCD conversion.
The main program screen launches five basic calculators :
- Video Bitrate Calculator : The "classic" calculator, that suggests a video bitrate based on the length of the video, the target size and other parameters.
- HD Space Calculator : This calculator is mostly used to calculate the extra disk space needed if you rip the DVD audio to WAV.
- Audio Bitrate Calculator : If you encode first the video, you might want to check whether the audio bitrate you had in mind will be the one to use.
- Resolution / Aspect Ratio Calculator : Helps you choose an appropriate resolution for your DivX video.
- AVI Splitting Calculator : Suggests at which frames to split the AVI, if it is too large to fit on your recordable media.
Two additional calculators :
- Quick converter : This tool will help you convert between bytes, KB, MB, GB and also between HH:MM:SS format, minutes and frames.
- Windows Calculator : Just a way to call the standard windows calculator.
Plus, 2 very useful tools :
- WAV normalizer : Fast and easy to use PCM WAV Normalizer.
- DivX 5 Spyware Disabler : One-click GAIN spyware disabler.
- Fixed "type mismach" error that appeared in some non-English versions of Windows.
- WAV Normalizer: Multi-buffering extended to 4MB for better performance.
- Set 1kbps=1000bps for mp3.