Softpedia Editor's Review for Air Playit Server
Video and audio streaming to iPhone, iPad and iPod
Written by Gabriela Vatu on December 21st, 2012
Smartphones and other portable gadgets have become such an important part of our lives. We use them daily for various tasks, including listening to music and watching videos. Air Playit Server is a useful utility that can stream multimedia files directly to portable devices.
The app comes with a nice, clean interface that’s easy to work with.
Air Playit Server basically acts as your personal cloud server, enabling you to connect to it via WiFi, 3G and 4G networks. The app works with iPhones, iPads, iPod touch and Android devices.
The server supports three types of permissions – Admin, Kids and Public. Assigning a password is possible for any of the categories, so only authorized users can access the files. You can share as many folders as you want and the permission settings can be edited for each of them. Thus, they can be shared with everyone, or only with a group of people.
The app automatically caches all music files in the Download Library, and it also imports iTunes Playlists. The software can stream formats such as MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, TP, MPEG-TS, AVC, MOD, MPEG, WMV, ASF, AVI, MOV, RM, FLV, MP4, M4V and WebM, but also most audio file types.
Furthermore, you can adjust the video and audio quality, resolution and specific connection type (local WiFi, remote WiFi, 3G and 4G).
The software also comes with a video conversion tool that helps you optimize files for your gadget. Air Playit Server lets you create multimedia files for your iPhone, iPad, iPod, AppleTV, Android and Android Pad, as well as for iTunes and YouTube, in their native resolutions.
Additional options allow you to have the program run at system startup and shut down the computer from remote devices. You can also use CUDA, a parallel computing platform that increases the system performance.
All in all, Air Playit Server is a complex tool that is quite useful. The app is easy to use, so even inexperienced users should be able to set it up.
Air Playit Server description
Here are some key features of "Air Playit Server":
· Supports streaming all videos to iPhone iPad, including HD videos MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, TP, MPEG-TS, AVC, MOD, and regular videos MPEG1/2, WMV, ASF, AVI, MOV, RM/RMBV, FLV, MP4, H.264, M4V, WTV, WebM.
· Download all compatible audio / video library to iPhone or iPad over WiFi, 3G, 4G network.
· Automatically cache all music files to the Download Library for easy playback on iPad, iPhone.
· Built-in HTTP server lets you access the audio and video stored on your PC via an web browser.
· Lets you choose language track and adjust the video/audio quality, resolution and specific network connection type( local WiFi, remote WiFi, 3G and 4G)
· Automatically list the playlist of recently played videos and remember the last play point for each video.
· Specify permissions to the shared folders: Admin, Kids and Public.
· Resume downloading at breaking-point. Air Playit lets you download from where you left off, or to start over.
· A mobile device
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add a new way to let users to play iTunes DRM videos.
· Support videos downloaded from iTunes Store. Load Safari to play the DRM videos.
· Add settings to choose UI language.
· Add force conversion on-the-fly.
· Add settings to let user choose whether cache the music
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Air Playit Server 1.5 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |