Softpedia Editor's Review for BluffTitler
3D video titling and 3D picture/video wipes
Written by Elena Opris on April 24th, 2013
BluffTitler DX9 is a software which helps you create 3D titles and effects for your videos. The tool doesn't require installation and your Windows registry keys will not change, so BluffTitler DX9 is portable.
The user interface of the program is easy to navigate through. You can start a new show, as well as set the background color, show duration and resolution.
Thus, you can easily input text in a box and configure it (e.g. "Center", "Vertical Align Center", "Solid"). Also, you can adjust its position, rotation, font size, color, transparency, spacing and writer (via x, y, z coordinates).
Furthermore, you can switch the layer to camera mode and set options to, for example "Perspective Projection", "Solid" and "Render All", as well as adjust position, rotation and field of view.
You can also go the "Ambient Light" layer and configure its settings (e.g. "Point Light", "Flare is always visible”), as well as adjust light color and position.
In addition, you can set the animation action for all these aforementioned features, such as constant speed, accelerate, decelerate, pumping, pingpong and none.
Plus, you can preview the animation, create, copy and paste a key, add a picture, plasma or particle layer, attach particles to the active layer, as well as change the picture and effect.
Moreover, you can use the "Undo" and "Redo" buttons, play in full screen mode, create and organize favorites, save and load presets, toggle between the "easy" and "pro" version, export as picture, movie or template, and more.
The program takes up a moderate amount of system resources, includes a well-drawn help file that keeps the first-time user in mind, and didn't pop up any errors during our tests.
Unfortunately, the free version displays a watermark and doesn't allow you to save a show. Also, the features could have been better organized, so that locating them would be very easy.
All in all, BluffTitler DX9 is a very good application for creating 3D titles, effects for videos. It can be even be used by novices.
Here are some key features of "BluffTitler":
Effects that can be created with BluffTitler include:
· golden beveled titles
· blood dripping titles
· JPG textured titles
· MPG textured titles
· slimy titles
· hairy titles
· exploding titles
· reflection mapped titles
· twisted titles
· cartoon shaded titles
· golden glowing titles
· spooky lightened titles
· titles with silver spikes
· jumbling titles
· inverted titles
· bouncing titles
· powerfield emitting titles
· titles with flying hearts
· pumping titles
· plasma backgrounds
· background videos morphing into donuts
· particle effects
· MP3 audio
· morphing JPG pictures
· exploding video backgrounds
· fractal backgrounds
· DirectX version June 2007 or later
· Intel Pentium compatible processor (Pentium III 800 MHz or better recommended)
· 128 MB RAM
· 10 MB available hard disk space
· Hardware accelerated 3D graphics card with hardware vertex shader support
· If your graphics card supports pixel shader version 2.0 advanced effects like bump mapping, cube mapping and tonal art mapping are available.
· Save option is disabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 4 new buttons in browser panel: Settings, Change all texts, Change all fonts, Change all textures
· Simplified export as picture, export as movie and settings dialogs in the easy version
· Extra player options to generate movies from the command line (iTV version only)
· Better performance on Windows 8
· Better support for animated gif animations
· New property in the particle layer: Min/Max Particles
· 2 new views in Set Show Resolution... dialog: 800% en 1600%
· Screen emulator option in options dialog with 6 LED presets: 1 bit, 8 bit, Amber, Blue, Greyscale and Red
· Better support for LED screens
· Bugfix: out of memory particle layer problem fixed
· Bugfix: shows with small resolution are now correctly opened
| ||Softpedia guarantees that BluffTitler 10.1 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |