Softpedia Editor's Review for DVD X Player Standard
Easy to use DVD player
Written by Elena Opris on April 5th, 2012
DVD X Player is a simple tool that allows you to play DVDs in a user-friendly environment.
The interface of the application is clean and easy to work with. You can import a DVD by using the file browser or "drag and drop" method.
So, you can use simple media player functions such as pause and stop, adjust the volume, switch to full screen mode and navigate back and forth within the video.
But you can also open a floating panel to select chapters, create a playlist and bookmarks, take snapshots and record DVDs.
Furthermore, you can enable repeat mode, go to the menu, select subtitle and audio streams, play DVDs from the hard disk or photos as a slideshow, change the aspect ratio, and more.
In the "Options" window you can select the default drive, audio, subtitle and menu language, allow DVD X Player to automatically resume play and to check for updates automatically, as well as enable autoplay and autorun.
Moreover, you can set file associations, configure power settings, enable hardware acceleration, modify audio output properties, specify the destination of the recording, set the parental level, change the interface language, and more. Settings can be restored to their default values.
The DVD player uses a moderate amount of system resources, has a well-written help file with snapshots and hasn't displayed any errors during our tests. We highly recommend DVD X Player to users of all levels.
DVD X Player Standard description
Here are some key features of "DVD X Player Standard":
· Support operation-free through which you can skip the FBI warning easily
· DVD X Player can determine disc type in the DVD drive automatically and choose the right play mode for DVD titles, video CDs, audio CDs or DivX/XviD Discs
· Auto-resume and Bookmarks let you jump right to the last viewed location of DVD
· Record your favorite DVD movie into MPEG2 video or MP3 audio file
· Split record video file to different size to fit on portable video player device
· Capture, browse and save the pretty pictures from your favorite movie
· Smart Stretch lets you enjoy any movie with 16:9 aspect ratio on any screen mode, without distortion
· Visualization enables DVD X Player to display multi-colored shapes and patterns that change in harmony with the audio track being played
· Freely select Echo, Amplify special audio effect and 10 bands preset Equalizer value
· Watch movie and meanwhile improve your foreign language by contrasting subtitle
· Repeat Mode and Leaning Mode let you loop playback or repeat the word and phrase you want to learn
· Playing your favorite digital photo as slide show with background music
· Playing video device such as DV, Web Cam, allows you to capture video frame
· Desktop Video enables you to watch DVD and work simultaneously
· or AMD CPU with 450 MHz and 3Dnow! or higher
· 64MB RAM
· Display Card: Have 24 Bits resolution and support DirectX, 8MB Video-ROM or more
· PCI sound cards, Integration chipset on Mother Board, USB audio devices etc. compatible with Windows and stereo speakers
· all DVD-ROM drives except for Matshita, Sony VAIO and Toshiba satellite
· At least 10 MB free disk space
· DirectX 8.1 or later
· 14 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support to convert the record file into 3GP format for smart phones
· Support to convert the record file into MP4 format supported by iPhone
· Support Windows 7
· Fixed installation error of the software on some computers