Softpedia Editor's Review for Sub2DivX
This program can add subtitles to an avi file using (up to 8) .srt
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 18th, 2013
Sub2DivX is a reliable software solution designed to add subtitles to any AVI file, with multiple customization options to help you in the process.
The interface is not the best we've seen – we can’t label it as user friendly because the main window is full of buttons with no hints, so it may take a while to figure out how to use the app. Not to mention that there's no help file included in the package.
But the amount of features it provides is rather surprising. Subtitles can be easily adjusted by customizing their position, inside alignment, colors, font and size. Additionally, the user is presented with options to change the bevel, shadow color, outline width and color.
Starting the DivX creation process is just a matter of seconds, but keep in mind that you need DivXMux to complete the job.
If we were to vote for some improvements, we would most likely go for a built-in subtitle editor that allows users to change the text on the go. Plus, a few more synchronization tools to provide a seamless experience is a must, especially when working with videos and subtitles.
But the good thing is that Sub2DivX works decently with a minimum footprint on the hardware side of your computer, remaining light all the time, even when processing a new movie.
So as a conclusion, Sub2DivX is a useful tool if you wish to add a separate subtitle to an AVI file, but several improvements in some key areas are definitely a must.
Here are some key features of "Sub2DivX":
· Support for font, fore color, outline color (and width) and shadow color (and bevel) for .srt subtitles
· Support , and , tags
· Auto change font size for long subtitles, in order to fit at maximum width
· Set horizontal and vertical position
· Inside alignment (left, center, right) - check picture
· Global settings and/or single settings (only for selected subtitles)
· Remove audio/subtitle streams
· Support for right to left languages
· Preview window
· Multiple languages
· Batch commands
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A bug when using fonts with size bigger than 26 is now fixed.
· Bug fixes.