Softpedia Editor's Review for Subtitles Modifier
Modify, correct and convert movie subtitles.
Written by Sorin Cirneala on December 22nd, 2011
Subtitle modifier is a free tool that helps you edit subtitle files and synchronize them with the video files that you find on the Internet. If you find your favorite movie on the Internet and you discover that the subtitles are for another version or that they are not in sync with the video this program can help you fix the problem.
The application allows you to find out the frame rate for your video file and adjust the subtitle by multiplying the frame values. The subtitle might appear on the screen a few seconds too early and spoil the entire movie effect. With this tool you can add or remove a delay to all the lines in the subtitle file with just a few clicks.
The entire file can be synchronized automatically if you choose the time when the first and the last line should appear on the screen. This is particularly useful for the subtitles built for files with different frame rates.
You can make manual adjustments to the file such as changing the display time for the subtitles that meet a certain length criteria. For instance, a line that has 50 characters can be displayed for 5 seconds in order to be read entirely. The content of the line can be split into one or more rows so you can read all the words.
One of the important features of the program is the ability to split a subtitle file in two or more parts. If you have a movie that is made up of two CD’s and only one subtitle file you just have to specify the time or the frame number and the program will cut the subtitle and save the output files. Or even better, you can load the time interval directly from the video file.
The interface is easy to understand and you can customize the font in order to feel comfortable when editing subtitles. Although it is not the program's main purpose you can also edit the content of the text and adjust the timings manually. It is a good subtitle adjustment tool which you should use successfully.
Subtitles Modifier description
Here are some key features of "Subtitles Modifier":
· Load 6 types of subtitles;
· Increase, decrease or multiply time/frame values;
· Change the framerate;
· Change the time interval in which each line is displayed Depending on the numbers of characters in the line;
· Remove comments or subtitle formatting;
· Set the moment in which the first and last line should appear;
· The time/frame values in between would be set automatically;
· Save and load the actual text from subtitle;
· Edit manually the subtitle; afterwards the program verifies what you wrote;
· Go to a specific position (line, frame or time);
· Watch the subtitle directly on the movie with Video Preview;
· Change the language from English to Romanian or you can write your own language file (*.lng);
· Load the movie framerate or movie time directly from video file.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· it loads movies better;
· the configuration is saved well even when UAC is active;
· a bug was solved at Automatic Save function.