Softpedia Editor's Review for Video to Audio Cutter
An easy to use video to audio cutter/converter and a video to audio joiner
Written by Elena Opris on August 17th, 2012
Video to Audio Cutter is a simple-to-use program that allows you to cut pieces from video files and convert them to audio tracks of several formats (MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG and RM).
The interface of the application is plain and simple to work with. Video clips can be imported into the list by using the file browser or treeview only, because the "drag and drop" method is not supported. Batch processing is allowed.
In the queue you can check out the name, duration, size and status of each video. All you have to do is specify the output directory and format, in order to proceed with the encoding job.
But you can also change audio properties when it comes to the sample frequency rate, bit rate, channel mode, quality and others. Settings can be restored to default at any time.
Furthermore, you can edit metadata (title, album, artist, year), preview tracks in a built-in audio player and cut them by marking the start and end position, make multiple selections for processing, remove an item from the list or clear the entire queue, enable Video to Audio Cutter to automatically open the output directory after conversion, and others.
The simple-to-use audio processing tool runs on a moderate amount of system resources, has a good response time, quickly finishes a task and manages to preserve a good sound quality after conversion. We haven't encountered technical issues during our testing. There's also a brief step-by-step guide available. Apart from the outdated interface, we strongly recommend Video to Audio Cutter to all users.
Video to Audio Cutter description
Here are some key features of "Video to Audio Cutter":
· Cut a piece from a big Video file
· Merge multiple video files or parts of multiple video files into one big audio file
· Extract audio from AVI, WMV, ASF, MPEG, MPG, VCD to MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG
· Easy-to-use and fast batch conversion
· Rich options of MP3 encoder, WMA encoder and OGG encoder. Support MP3 VBR and OGG VBR
· With a small player built in for pre-listening
· Visually define the time you want to cut at by using slider bar
· Support edit file name
· Time precision of second
· Processor type :Intel Pentium
· Processor speed: 200 MHz
· Memory (Cache): 128 MB RAM
· Harddisk: IDE or SCSI
· Graphics: 256 colors 800 x 600
· Soundcard: Sound Blaster-compatible sound card
· You can only cut/convert 20 files
· Nag screen