Softpedia Editor's Review for Boilsoft Video Joiner
The tool to join multiple MPEG, VOB, or RM video files into one large movie file
Written by Elena Opris on January 28th, 2013
Boilsoft Video Joiner is a tool that helps you easily merge video files of various formats, including 3GP, AVI, MPG, VOB, RM, MP4 and MKV.
The user interface is easy to navigate through. You have to add files to the queue (the "drag and drop" method is supported), arrange their order, select merging mode, output format and output destination.
You can select from two merging modes - Direct Stream Clone and Encode Mode. The difference is that the first one will not cause the output video to lose quality. However, if you join files of different extensions, only the Encode Mode is available.
In the queue you can view file type, time, video size, frame rate and file size and below you can read additional information on audio and video codec, frame size, bitrate, sample rate and channel. Also, you can view a video before merging files in the default media player.
A task takes little time to finish, while image and sound quality is maintained at a very good level (even when you select Encode Mode). However, the output file has a watermark and you cannot merge more than two files at once. If you add multiple files to the queue, only the first two will be joined.
Boilsoft Video Joiner comes with an easy-to-follow help file (contains tutorials and snapshots), uses a moderate amount of system resources and we haven't come across any technical problems during our tests. We strongly recommend this software to all users.
Boilsoft Video Joiner description
Here are some key features of "Boilsoft Video Joiner":
· Direct Stream Clone Mode joins same type files in super speed.
· Re-encode Mode joins any different format files as you like.
· Without installing avi codec, the AVI files can be also joined in Direct Mode!
· Support join AVI, DivX, MPEG-4 files.
· Support join MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video files.
· Support join VOB video files.
· Support join RM, RMVB files.
· Support join ASF, WMV, WMA files
· Support join 3GP(.3gp, .3g2) files
· Support join MP4(.mp4, .m4a, .m4v) files
· Support join MKV files.
· Support join FLV, MTS files in Re-encode Mode.
· Support join MPEG Audio and Windows Media Audio.
· Join video files as many as you want.
· Scramble and rearrange the video clips in the sequence that you exactly desire.
· Very User-friendly interface.
· Microsoft DirectX 8.1 or later runtime
· 15 days trial
· The unregistered version can join anly two movie files at one time
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support limited-time registration code