Softpedia Editor's Review for Any Video Editor
Easily edit video and audio files
Written by Elena Opris on May 24th, 2012
Any Video Editor is a very useful program that enables you to easily edit video files of various of formats, including 3GP, AVI, WMA and OGG.
The interface of the application is clean and intuitive. You can only use the file browser to import media, since the "drag and drop" method is not supported. Batch processing is permitted.
So, you can preview clips and add them to the timeline, switch to full screen mode and take snapshots, as well as trim videos by marking the start and end frame.
Furthermore, you can add transitions (e.g. shuffle, peel, push, slide in, ripple) and apply video effects (e.g. balloon, binoculars, flashes, distort).
On top of that, you can add a soundtrack and subtitles, zoom in and out of the timeline, switch to storybox mode, change the aspect ratio, add watermarks, change the interface language, and more.
The video editing tool takes up a moderate amount of system resources, includes a well-written help file with snapshots and generally has a very good response time (it temporarily freezes when you add videos to the timeline).
We haven't come across any issues during our tests, since Main Menu Bar did not freeze, crash or pop up errors. On the other hand, we had expected to find more features. For example, you cannot adjust image settings to the video when it comes to the brightness, contrast and others. Plus, you cannot modify program settings (e.g. automatically run at system startup).
All in all, Any Video Editor is a pretty decent program for video files and we recommend it to all users, especially novices.
Any Video Editor description
Here are some key features of "Any Video Editor":
· Massive media file support: all popular video & audio & image file formats are supported.
· User-friendly interface: edit videos on a unique video editing timeline and storybox panel.
· Simple drag and drop of video files onto a graphical timeline.
· Abundant built-in innovative transitions and stunning video effects.
· Efficient to edit video, overlay video, trim video and audio, mix audio, add subtitles and watermark.
· Make high quality MP4, MPEG2, HDVideo or FLV videos.
· Create entertaining photo slide show with photos and music and make slideshow videos easily.
· All edits can be previewed in real time without rendering the entire project.
· Intel or AMD or compatible processors at 1 GHz minimum
· Minimum 40 MB of free hard disk space is needed for installation, minimum 300 MB for proper operation
· The most recent version of QuickTime Player for Windows for MOV-files processing
· Administrative permissions are required for installation
· Sound card
· Displays a credit message “Evaluation version, powered by AnvSoft Inc” in the middle of the generated movie
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix the problem of burning DVD do not finalize.
· Fix the bug that DVD+R and DVD+R DL fail to play in some DVD Players.