Softpedia Editor's Review for Video Edit Master
Easily cut and join video files into one final clip
Written by Elena Opris on January 26th, 2012
Video Edit Master is an application that allows you to seamlessly split and merge video files of the MPG, MPEG, AVI, DIVX and XVID format.
The interface is user-friendly and you can import videos by using the file browser or the "drag and drop" method (batch processing is supported).
On the right side of the screen, you can preview a clip, adjust the volume, take a snapshot, increase speed and view the current position.
So, you can add an entire file to create a movie, or cut it by setting the start and end point. Once you are satisfied with the results, you can save the movie parts as a Video Edit Master project (for further editing) or export them to the MPG or AVI format.
The program uses a moderate amount of system resources and includes an online user documentation. It manages to create a movie in a short while, while keeping a very good image and sound quality, so it is ideal for first-time users.
However, Video Edit Master doesn't offer any configurable advanced settings (e.g. change video aspect ratio and frame rate, select audio sample frequency rate), so more experienced individuals would probably be disappointed with it. Also, it could have offered support for additional video formats (e.g. WMA, MOV, Flash).
All in all, Video Edit Master is a simple tool that effortlessly gets the job done when it comes to cutting and merging video files. We suggest you try it for yourself.
Video Edit Master description
Here are some key features of "Video Edit Master":
· Cutting and joining video files that have the same encoding, resolution and frame rate easily and fast -without re-encoding
· Removing commercials from ASF or WMV files very fast
· A cool user friendly GUI
· A preview to help you cut and join files precisely
· Final video will have the same quality of the original files
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Application completely re-written with a new user interface, easier and more flexible.
· Better performance for video editor and better Windows 7 integration.
· Configurable play rate in the video editor.
· Much faster project files re-opening.
· Video type is now displayed in Project Files list.
· Files and parts are easily ordered by column click.
· Detailed error messages and movie generation stoppable feedback.
· Online Help.
· Easy Movie Parts re-editing and re-arranging.
· Easy installer with the ability to download missing system files.
· Many bugs fixed.