| User Rating:
Very Good (4.5/5)
Softpedia Editor's Review for Video Thumbnails Maker
You can use this software when you want to easily make thumbnails of your movies
Written by Elena Opris on March 12th, 2013
Video Thumbnails Maker is a small but efficient software that can create thumbnails of your videos.
The user interface of the program is clean and intuitive. You can add files or folders to the queue by either using the file browser or the "drag and drop" method, then set the output folder.
Plus, you can enable the tool to preserve the folders' structure, take each shot in its own file and combine all files in a single picture.
Additionally, you can sort the list, clear completed tasks, clear all or remove files, as well as pause or stop an ongoing task.
In the "Options" menu, you can choose one of the five predefined profiles or manually set the thumbnails layout, tile width and gap width.
You can also select technical details (e.g. draw details, resolution), thumbnails effects (e.g. font, opacity, position, drop shadow) and others (e.g. stroke tiles, cut edges, watermark).
Before applying any changes, you can preview your results in a sample picture. Furthermore, you can import and export presets in the Video Thumbnails Maker proprietary format.
The program uses a moderate to high amount of system resources and finishes tasks in a very short amount of time. It supports several video formats, including AVI, WMV, MPG, MKV and MP4, as long as you have the necessary codecs installed.
All in all, Video Thumbnails Maker is an great tool for creating video thumbnails and we strongly recommend it, whether you are a first-time or an experienced user.
Video Thumbnails Maker description
Here are some key features of "Video Thumbnails Maker":
- Supports of the batch processing of videofiles.
- Supports of practically any videos-formats (even MOV, QT, FLV, SWF, RM if you have appropriate codecs). If the file can be normally played in your video-player (Windows Media Player or other one), it can be processed by the program.
- You can pause/continue or stop active job at any moment.
- Possibility to save each shot in separate file.
- Import and export options presets.
- Options preset file format (*.vtm). After you run the preset, the program is automatically opened with the imported tuning. Very useful.
- 5 interface languages (English, Belarusian, Russian, Ukranian, German).
- 5 customizable "base"-presets.
- Statistics of the progress of the program (F1 window).
- Watermarks (alpha-channels and transparency are supported). Make your own style.
- Ability to use your images as background images for preview.
- Autoadjustment of height of a shot option.
- Global stroke and stroke tiles options.
- Fit screen option (autoadjustment of the shots to fit your screen resolution).
- Special effects (drop shadow, gray scale, cut edges).
- Customizable fonts, colors, contours, shadows, frames, background, text.
- Stamp time in shots option (5 different locations, transparency, contour).
- Video information stamp option (4 different locations and customizable configurations).
- Audio/Video info" option.
- Custom comment" option.
- Two rendering engines (Engine 2 is recommended to be used under 64-bit OS).
- Try to substitute black frames" option.
- The program's small size.
- Hot keys.
- The Extreme Video Rendering engine can only be used after registration.
- Cannot insert the path to the video into the picture automatically (while the picture is generating).
- Random splash-screen shot on the generating pictures.
- Registration allows you to use several ways to choose shots manually (including crop ability).
- A link to Pictures Thumbnails Maker is added to the main window. Pictures Thumbnails Maker is a universal image organizer and thumbnail sheet generator.
- Some alternative wording for user interface which makes more sense in English.
- Audio/Video information module is updated.