Softpedia Editor's Review for Media Player Classic - Home Cinema
View all your videos and movies
Written by Elena Opris on November 15th, 2012
Media Player Classic - Home Cinema has been designed as a simple but effective solution for viewing movies.
Seeing as how the current market is cluttered with complex media players, Media Player Classic - Home Cinema concentrates on boasting a simple interface that comes with all necessary and suffice features needed to play a video. Plus, it supports most commonly used video file formats.
Using this version of Media Player Classic can be a little tricky. For example, when we tried to open a video file, the program warned us about creating the EVR Custom renderer, due to the fact that some installed components are not supported by the media player (in other words, they are "too new"). However, the application managed to play the respective video file.
In the menu section you can access File (e.g. capture an image, save image thumbnails, save and load a subtitle, or search for one in the online database), View (e.g. playlist, shader editor, language, renderer settings, video frame, pan and scan), and others.
In the Play section you can go to a particular frame (especially useful if you're planning to split and join video clips), as well as select filters and shaders, but also configure subtitles.
In Navigate you can select audio and subtitle language, title, subtitle and chapter menu, and others. Of course, this is available for DVDs and Blu-Rays.
In Options you are able to select the file extensions associated with Media Player Classic - Home Cinema, integrate it in the Explorer context menu, configure hotkeys, enable or disable internal filters, and others.
The bottom line is that Media Player Classic - Home Cinema is a small but very powerful tool for playing video files. We strongly recommend you give it a try.
Media Player Classic - Home Cinema description
Here are some key features of "Media Player Classic - Home Cinema":
· MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
· It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
· MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
· WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV, WEBM
Additional Player Features:
· Option to remove Tearing.
· Full ICC color management
· Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
· Usage of Toolbar images
· Supports Subtitles.
· Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
· OSD (On Screen Display)
· Support Multi-Monitor configuration
· Pixel shader to convert BT601 - BT701
· YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
· Language Translations.
· All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· DVB: Show the parental rating and the content type within the EPG information when available
· Ticket #2872, Add support for DVB-T2 and improve channel switching (new options are available to have a finer control on switching process)
· Ticket #3179, DVB: Support EPG information for Freeview broadcast (UK DVB-T2)
· Updated Basque, Czech, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified / Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Ukrainian translations
· Updated Little CMS to v2.5-rc1
· Updated zlib to v1.2.8
· Updated Unrar to v5.0.6
· Updated MediaInfoLib to v0.7.63
· Updated ZenLib to v0.4.29
Audio Switcher improvements:
· Ticket #1936, Improve the normalization algorithm to avoid huge volume variations
· Use percentage for the boost setting since it is easier to understand for most people
· Add a setting to change the max normalization factor and use a default max normalization factor of 4 instead of 10
· Ticket #2567, New About dialog with more detailed information and a "Copy to clipboard" feature...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 22.214.171.12417 / 126.96.36.19918 Beta is 100% FREE, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |