Softpedia Editor's Review for NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player
A powerful video player that can read the most common video and image file formats
Written by Mihaela Citea on December 10th, 2012
As 3D movies became more and more successful after the late 2000s, manufacturers have started to offer 3D glasses, displays and applications to meet the user requirements. Such a software is NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, designed to let you enjoy stereoscopic movies from the comfort of you home computer.
Especially designed to help NVIDIA 3D Vision glasses watch movies on their PC, the program is capable of playing both 3D and regular movies, but also open digital photos. Several file formats are supported, including AVI, MPG, MP4, WMV, MKV or FLV, as well as the most common picture files. However, in order to open some video types, you might need to install extra decoders and filters.
The minimalistic user interface reminds of the classic media player, providing only the basic buttons for playing multimedia files, such as play, pause, stop and repeat, together with buttons for changing from 2D to 3D view. Accessing the application menus reveals the available advanced options, such as aspect ratio changing or parallax adjustment increasing / decreasing.
Whether you open a video or a picture file, the application offers you the chance to select the layout. Thus, you can choose the interlaced viewing mode, side-by-side, over / under, monoscopic or stereoscopic.
Zooming, rotating or cropping are other available editing options that you can apply even during playback. Furthermore, you can add metadata information to your files, such as author or copyright.
The program can play both PC and DVD media files easily, but it also opens URLs of video files. All the multimedia you play with it is stored in the video library, allowing you to easily access it later.
Even though you might encounter some problems while using it due to its dependence on codecs, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player is an efficient and simple solution for video playback and photo viewing.
NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player description
Here are some key features of "NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player":
· Easy-to-use user interface
· Supports Video for Windows (*.avi), MPEG-1 (*.mpg), MPEG-2 (*.mpg, *.m2ts, *.mts, *.ts), MP4 (*.mp4), 3D Blu-ray files (*.ssif), Windows Media (*.wmv, *.asf), QuickTime (*.mov), Material Exchange Format (*.mxf), Matroska (*.mkv) and Flash (*.flv)
· Supports photos in mpo, jpg, jps, tif, gif, png and bmp format
· Supports Windows Media Dual Stream files
· Supports separate left/right files
· Supports MXF files of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs), including XYZ to RGB color space conversion
· Digital Rights Management (for stereoscopic Windows Media files only)
· Playback of any other format supported by third party DirectShow decoders
· Windows Media 7.1 and 5.1 multichannel audio decoding
· Windows Media streaming
· 3D-DVD playback 1.
· Live playback from capture devices (TV card, DV camcorder, ...)
· Built-in video library stores settings for each movie
· Retrieves data from stereoscopic metadata servers
· Import and export of stereoscopic metafiles
· Command line control
· OLE automation
· Compatible with Windows Media Center IR remote control
· Synchronized control of external effects via DMX512 (compatible with OpenDMX hardware), serial port and execution of programs and scripts.
· DXVA2-based GPU-accelerated video decoding
· Now supports GPU acceleration of 3D video using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA2). This feature requires Release 265 and higher drivers. Hardware acceleration is supported with MPEG-2 and H.264 encoded file formats
· Enables 3D Vision window mode video playback with both Window Aero on and off. This feature requires Release 270 and higher drivers.
· Intel Core2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 CPU or higher
· 1GB of system memory. (2GB is recommended)
· 100 MB free disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for 3D Vision Window mode. Please view this knowledgebase article for more information on 3D Vision Window Mode.
· Added support for interlaced MVC content*
· Added support for MVC content in MP4 containers.
· Added 'default' option in full screen monitor menu.
· Added error message when opening encrypted Blu-ray files*
· Added option for DMX512 output to send only used channels*
· Fixed issue with Coraline Blu-ray disc*
· Fixed seeking deadlocks with left/right *.m2ts files*
· Fixed exception when calling GetDuration automation command on still files.
· Fixed that player doesn't close file handles of jpg files.
· Fixed long load delay with certain files when ffdshow Video Decoder is used.
· Fixed error after resume from sleep mode.
· Fixed DirectX recreation error after fast user switching.
· Fixed compatibility issue with DivX Demux Filter.
· Fixed issue with H.264 AVIs with resolution greater 1920x1080.
· Fixed issue when opening left/right *.m2ts files...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player 1.7.2 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |