Softpedia Editor's Review for Splash PRO EX
Watch your videos everywhere
Written by Sorin Cirneala on March 1st, 2013
Splash PRO EX is a video player that uses advanced video rendering technologies and hardware acceleration in order to provide you with an outstanding experience. It allows you to open all the popular video formats including the high definition movies.
Although the aspect of the player controls does not differ from similar programs, this app includes additional features that make it stand out from the crowd. The first and most evident one is the post-processing engine that greatly improves the image quality.
The quality of the output can be adjusted by enabling and tuning the features that enhance the details, lights and motion scenes. You can create multiple presets for certain movies in order to use the configuration that provides the best output.
The application is optimized for high definition videos and enables you to play HD Camcoder clips and movies without installing other codecs. You can capture your favorite scenes by taking snapshots from the player interface.
But the feature that sets it apart from the standard players is the ability to convert the video in order to play it on your mobile device. It does not require additional components and includes a large number of presets for various mobile phones, tablets and gaming consoles which can be used with just a few clicks.
You can also convert the movie and upload it to a YouTube or Facebook account. All the parameters and login information are configured from the program interface and do not require a manual upload.
In our tests, Splash PRO EX provided a smooth playback and had no impact on the computer performance even when playing high definition movies. It is also laptop friendly since its EcoMode feature can help you increase the playback time.
If you are looking for a modern looking video player for your HD movies, you need to try Splash PRO EX and compare it with your current player.
Splash PRO EX description
· RAM memory: 512MB
· Hard disk space: 50MB
· Graphics Card: Video Overlay support or DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card
· Sound Card: DirectX compatible
· SPDIF/HDMI output required for audio bitstreaming
· CPU: Intel Celeron 1.4GHz or equivalent processor (SSE2 required)
· Display: Monitor: 59/60Hz, resolution: 800x600 or higher
· DirectX and latest graphics card drivers
· 30 days trial period
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· CUDA accelerated VC-1 video decoding fixed
· Fixed hardware accelerated VC-1 video decoding using Intel ClearVideo Technology (the latest Intel graphics drivers are required)
· Fixed WMV seeking on Windows 8
· Improved VC-1 video decoding
· Exporting stability fix (to low resolutions)