Softpedia Editor's Review for Screen Video Recorder
A software application that records screen activities, audio and mouse cursor movement to AVI or WMV
Written by Bogdan Popa on May 10th, 2013
Screen Video Recorder is an application designed to record screen activity and save it in two popular video formats.
The application is pretty easy to use and the configuration process takes only a few minutes from the moment you get acquainted with the main window.
There are a total of five different settings to be adjusted, as follows: region, encoder, hotkey, timer and file name.
While the recording region can be a user defined area, a selected window, full screen or of fixed size, the encoder comes down to two different options.
Screen Video Recorder can record screen activity in AVI and WMV formats, so you can define video and audio compressors, but also configure frames per second for lower or higher quality.
There's only a single hotkey to be configured, which can be used for both starting and ending a recording, while the timer only prompts you to input the time to stop the recording.
The “Options” menu sports only a few options, which means you can enable or disable audio content, capture mouse cursor, hide the app when recording and auto save recordings.
Screen Video Recorder works okay without slowing down the system, while the recording plays smooth, obviously depending on your very own settings.
Although everything's easy as pie, Screen Video Recorder still includes a comprehensive help manual to provide assistance every time you need it, so it's recommend to have a look in there too if there's something wrong with your recording.
All things considered, Screen Video Recorder is indeed a useful software solution and thanks to its user friendly approach, it can be safely used by beginners and more experienced users alike.
Screen Video Recorder description
Here are some key features of "Screen Video Recorder":
· Record activities of full screen or part of screen into AVI or WMV file
· Fast speed and Very Easy to use
· Support recording audio
· Support recording mouse cursor
· Support 5 capture types: random region, window, full screen, fixed size, fixed region
· Support pause/resume recording
· Support auto save recordings
· Support user defined file name format
· Support record timer to stop recording automatically
· Support blinking when recording
· Support customed hotkey to start or stop recording quickly
· Video/Audio codec choosable, you can select any available video/audio codec from your computer
· Support hide on recording, window can be minimized to icon in system tray
· Support Multi-Language interface
· DirectX 9
· 14 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added full compatibility for Windows 7
· Added no video compressor support in AVI mode
· Added user defined file name format support
· Added "Copy File Name to Clipboard" and "Copy Folder Name to Clipboard"
· Added tips for setting audio volume and audio source
· Added FLV play control in Easy Flash Player (Gold and Flash version only)
· Removed "Next Time Only" mode in Computer Usage Log for compatibility reasons
· Fixed getting flash dimension issue in Easy Flash Player (Gold and Flash version only)
· Fixed the problem that may cause recording blank after pause/resume operation
· Fixed cursor blinking problem during recording
· Fixed getting input volume issue in multi mixer system
· Other minor fixes and tweaks