Softpedia Editor's Review for ZD Soft Screen Recorder
A high performance application which can record screen activities
Written by Elena Opris on February 6th, 2012
ZD Soft Screen Recorder is a software that allows you to capture screenshots in several methods.
Once you initiate the program with the user-friendly interface, you can select to create a screen demo (cursor tracking, partial screen, full screen).
But you can also capture media video (web streaming, media player, other), record game play or share your screen.
So, you can plug in a microphone if you want to narrate your actions, capture from line, resize the view box and place it anywhere on the screen, as well as use keyboard shortcuts to initiate the recording process.
In addition, you can set the output file name and directory, open the output destination, configure video settings (e.g. uncompressed video, width, height, frame rate, video codec, debug, rate factor, command lines) and audio options (e.g. uncompressed audio, codec, bitrate, encoding quality, channels).
Moreover, you can configure the hotkeys, enable sticky view selection box, add a mouse click effect, show indicator and frame rate in game, hide the balloon message, and more.
The program uses a surprisingly low amount of system resources and didn't cause us any problems during our tests. However, there is no help file available, the image quality in the output files is not so great (in some cases, half of the recorded footage was completely distorted) and the overall video doesn't run smoothly.
So, if you want to try a software for recording activity on your computer, then we suggest ZD Soft Screen Recorder.
ZD Soft Screen Recorder description
Here are some key features of "ZD Soft Screen Recorder":
· Real-time video compression enables unlimited recording length.
· Arbitrary video resolutions and frame rates are supported.
· Smooth screen recording without lagging your system.
· Fully optimized for modern dual/quad-core CPUs.
· Both AVI and WMV output formats are supported.
· Perfect audio/video synchronization.
· Capable of pausing/resuming a recording by hitting a hotkey at any time.
· Capable of starting/stopping a recording automatically by a scheduled timer.
· Capable of capturing OpenGL, DirectDraw, Direct3D 8/9/10/11 rendered screen content.
· Capable of capturing multiple audio sources at the same time, e.g., both speaker and microphone.
· Capable of capturing what you hear even if no "Stereo Mix" is available.
· Capable of capturing screenshots by a hotkey.
· Intel/AMD 1.5GHz or faster CPU
· 512MB or more RAM
· 10GB or more hard disk
· 3D graphics card
· Windows Media Player 9 or higher version
· 30 days trial
· Watermark on the output format
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Better support for DirectX 11 games.