Softpedia Editor's Review for NetSetMan
A network settings manager which can easily switch between 5 different, visually structured profiles
Written by Bogdan Popa on December 4th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for NetSetMan
We're pretty sure that using the same laptop in multiple places, be they at home, over at your friends or simply at work, is a nightmare, especially due to the network settings which have to be changed every time you plug in the network cable or use the built-in WiFi functionality.
NetSetMan comes to make your life a bit easier in this regard, offering a very easy to use interface that basically allows six different sets of network settings.
In other words, once your network settings are saved, it's enough to pick the ones you need and hit the apply button. No need to write them down again, NetSetMan does the whole job for you.
The application comes with a quite straightforward interface, so you just have to enter network settings, including IP address, subnet mask, gateway, DNS and WINS servers and then save your settings. Additionally, it also supports WiFi, printers, workgroups, PC names and DNS domain settings.
Every profile can be renamed according to the network you'll connect to, so it's easy to keep everything organized within the app.
Plus, NetSetMan also comes with dedicated tools to export and import the settings, which means you'll stay on the safe side all the time, in case something breaks down or you update the app or the operating system.
Everything worked like a charm during our test and NetSetMan worked without hampering computer performance at all.
It's able to deal with multiple network adapters at the same time, so it's pretty obvious that we're dealing here with a comprehensive tool that can serve its purpose the right way.
All in all, NetSetMan is a must have for all those users who travel a lot and connect to various networks on a regular basis.
Here are some key features of "NetSetMan":
· IP Adress settings
· Subnet Mask settings
· Default Gateway settings
· Preferred as well as Alternate DNS Server settings
· Computer Name + Workgroup settings
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· NEW language: Croatian
· NEW: Changing wireless network on logon screen now available
· NEW (Pro): Multiple IE home pages (1.com | 2.com | 3.com | ...)
· NEW (Pro): IE proxy is now also set as system proxy (WinHTTP)
· Fix: Proxy for IE10 compatibility
· Several WiFi fixes and improvements (spaces in SSIDs etc.)
· Setup improvements: Extract mode, Win8-compatibility
· Improvements for all lists/trees (performance, tooltip, etc.)
· Minor improvements for NSM Service
· Update of signature certificate