EMCO WakeOnLan Professional is designed to operate in enterprise networks, which may include domains, workgroups and multiple subnets, to power up one or multiple remote PCs within the scope of a single operation.
This advanced tool helps you power up one ore more PCs on your network by sending them WOL network packets.
The centralized WOL operation can be initiated with just one mouse click. You don't need to enter MAC addresses of remote PCs in order to wake them up remotely. The application retrieves MAC addresses automatically using four MAC detection mechanisms.
An important advantage of this application is it ability to create Wake on LAN tasks and schedule them for automatic execution. Thus, you can create WOL tasks, configure their PC lists and WOL settings, and schedule them for one-time execution on a defined date/time or for recurrent execution.
All scheduled tasks can be managed through an intuitive UI. Depending on your network configuration, the application allows you to use different Wake-on-LAN packet transmission methods to be sure that the WOL packet will not be blocked by your network devices.
You can use unicast, directed broadcast, local subnet or Internet transmission methods, or all of the above at the same time. The application allows creating default settings to be used for all WOL operations and overriding such settings for a particular Wake on LAN task, if required.
Here are some key features of "EMCO WakeOnLan Professional":
Wake Up Multiple PCs Simultaneously:
· Application allows you to power on one or multiple remote PCs at once. In case waking up multiple PCs, the application sends multiple Wake-on-LAN packets in parallel, to reduce time required to contact all required PCs. To prevent power peaks in your electrical network, you can specify a number of WOL packets that can be sent every second.
Automatic MAC Address Detection:
· You don't need to specify MAC address for every PC to wake it up. It is detected automatically by the application using Neighbor Discovery, NetBIOS, WinAPI and WMI methods that allow to detect MAC addresses even in complex network environments. Collected MAC addresses are saved to the DB to avoid time-consuming detection on every WOL operation.
Advanced WOL Settings:
· Depending on your network configuration you can use different methods of WOL packet transmission. In particular you can use any of unicast, directed broadcast, local subnet or Internet transmission methods or all of them at the same time to ensure that WOL packet will be delivered. Also you can specify custom remote UDP port, if required.
WOL for Complex Networks:
· Application can work in workgroup and domain environment to detect available PCs in the network. To configure target for WOL operation you can select PCs from the list of detected. It is much simpler then manual PCs specification. You can use an option to configure different credentials to access different network groups and computers.
Preconfigured Wake-on-LAN Tasks:
· In the Professional version of the application you can create Wake-on-LAN tasks that include custom WOL settings (WOL packet transmission method and port) and a list of remote PCs that should be powered on. Having such task you can initiate WOL operation with defined settings on defined set of PCs with one click. You can create as many tasks, as you need.
Wake-on-LAN Tasks Scheduling:
· Using Professional version of the application you can completely automate Wake-on-LAN operations for entire organization. It allows you to create WOL tasks with list of PCs and settings and schedule them for one-time execution at a defined date/time, and for recurrent execution. You can manage scheduled tasks though intuitive visual interface.
· 1 GHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent (2 GHz Intel Pentium processor recommended)
· 512MB of RAM ( 1GB of RAM recommended)
· 250MB of free disk space (500MB of free disk space recommended)
· Administrative rights on the local computer
· Local or Domain administrator rights on remote computers
· Ability to ping remote computers within 1500 ms
· Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (3.5 SP1 recommended)
· 30 days trial
· 25 nodes limit
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New Office 2013 UI skin:
· A new UI skin has been added that has a style similar to that of Microsoft Office 2013 and was inspired by the concepts of the flat UI introduced in Window 8.
New and improved features:
· Improved diagnostics of connectivity errors errors
· A potential error while logging the results of a scheduled task