SNMP Agent Simulator will help you develop, test and train SNMP management applications without purchasing and maintaining expensive hardware devices.
Since it is written in pure Java, it can run on all the platforms that have Java Virtual Machine installed.
Here are some key features of "SNMP Agent Simulator":
· Ease of use
· Record and replay SNMP devices. Values of SNMP agent MIB nodes can be recorded into XML file through GUI or command line interface. Recorded data file can be modified to simulate different configurations.
· Multiple agents in one JVM
· Complete SNMPv1, v2c and v3 (USM and VACM) support
· Support for dynamic row creation and deletion
· Support for BeanShell scripting language that is used in data file to model real time SNMP agent behavior
· Trap simulation
· Error simulation
· Scalability. The number of agents on one computer is dependent on available system resources
· Community/Context indexing (Different data for different communities or SNMPv3 contexts)
· IPv6 support
· 30 days trial
· Agents only respond to the first 1,000 instances
· After 30 minutes the application will close
· Nag screen