Shrew Soft VPN Client 2.2.2
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Shrew Soft VPN Client 2.2.2:
- Update the documentation to reflect features offered in the 2.2.2 release. Modify the installer to reference the new chm file name.
- Modify the Professional edition trial period logic. When a newer version of the VPN Client is installed, the trial period is now reset. This will occur once when a newer pre-release version is installed and once again when a newer release version is installed. This should allow users to evaluate the VPN Client professional edition features as new releases are made available but still require a license key for long term use.
- Modify the VPN Connect program to correct poor behavior related to the auto reconnect feature. Previously when this feature was enabled, the client would attempt to reconnect even if user authentication failed. The client will now only attempt to reconnect after the initial connection succeeds.
- Fix a problem that caused the Professional edition 14 day trial to start even when the Standard edition was installed. The trial period will now only start when the user chooses install the Professional version.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 3.2 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Shrew Soft Inc
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Network Tools \ Misc. Networking Tools
PART OF: Virtual Private Network download hubsee alternatives
IPsec, or Internet Protocol Security, enables you to encrypt and transfer data between two security gates or between a gateway and a host.
Interface-wise, it’s compact, comprehensive and a connection can be set up in a matter of seconds if you know the exact information you need. It’s composed of just two windows. The main, which displays a list of all the created connections and the configuration one from where you enter the information required to make the connection.
Though it is a quite lightweight application, it provides you with a large number of features and functionality possibilities. With Shrew Soft VPN Client you benefit from firewall transversal options, authentication methods, identification types, exchange modes, basic and advanced configuration exchange attributes, phase1 ciphers and algorithms, as well as phase 2 transforms and HMAC algorithms.
When creating a new connection, you are to configure it using information about the host name, client, authentication, phase and policy.
As far as identification types go, Shrew Soft VPN Client enables you to use a fully qualified domain name, user fully qualified domain name, IP address and a key identifier. The exchange modes that you can use are main, aggressive, configuration, quick and informal.
The utility enables you to connect to both open source and commercial gateways and provides you with an auto reconnect feature.
For those who are looking for a safe means to transfer personal, important files across VPN services, Shrew Soft VPN Client is a tool to be taken into serious consideration.
Shrew Soft VPN Client was reviewed by Alexandru Chirila, last updated on October 28th, 2013
Runs on: Windows 2K / XP / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 2008 64 bit
feature list requirements limitations