Spiceworks Desktop description
Organize and monitor software, hardware, and patches on your network
Spiceworks Desktop delivers nearly everything you need to simplify your IT job. Designed for small- and medium-sized businesses, Spiceworks single, easy-to-use interface combines Network Inventory, Help Desk, Reporting, Monitoring and Troubleshooting.
In addition, Spiceworks IT Desktop will connect you with other IT professionals to share ideas, solve issues and choose what other features you need in Spiceworks.
Here are some key features of "Spiceworks Desktop":
Inventory Everything on Your Network:
· Discover the Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs and servers, routers, printers and any other IP-based devices on your network.
· Gather all of their relevant technical data plus the software, patches and services on each machine.
· Add important data such as the number of licenses you have, the purchase price and physical location.
· Keep track of other assets such as mobile phones and even office furniture. All without agents.
· Store all inventory information locally and securely on your network - so there's no concern about sensitive data flying across the Internet.
Run an IT Helpdesk:
· Create a ticket in one click if you discover an asset that requires your attention while browsing your network in Spiceworks.
· Let your clients submit tickets with attachments to you via email or the Web and then allow them to view the status of those tickets online.
· Assign tickets across your IT team, attach them to hardware on your network, and manage your projects.
· Easily run reports on your tickets so you can see things like due dates and which assets (or even departments!) cause you the most issues.
Monitor Your Network for Trouble:
· See and set up alerts for Windows events that occur across your environment - so you can easily detect, diagnose and troubleshoot issues that disrupt your network.
· Automatically identify PCs and servers with low disk space, the presence of unwanted software on your network, the status of your anti-virus updates, printers with low toner and ink levels, and offline servers.
· Receive email alerts about potential issues.
· View all the monitors you care most about in one centralized spot.
Report on Your Network:
· With one-click, see software installed on your machines, disk usage across the network, trouble tickets you've created in the past month, and much more.
· Create the custom reports you need with a simple interface.
· Publish reports so others in your company can stay in the loop.
· Export any report to PDF and Excel.
· Exchange useful report templates with other Spiceworks users.
Troubleshoot Issues on Your Network:
· See what software is on a machine that is causing it to run slowly.
· Launch your remote control tool from within Spiceworks.
· Compare two machines to see what settings are different.
· Ping machines to see if they are online.
· See traceroutes to identify the flow of data.
· Identify when a server is running out of capacity.
· 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 Class Processor
· 1.0 GB RAM
· Firefox 3.5+
· Internet Explorer 7.0+
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Nmap: disable nmap for all new users and all new upgrades. Existing 6.0 users with nmap enable will still have nmap enabled.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Displays ad banners or other types of advertising material during its runtime