Softpedia Editor's Review for Technitium MAC Address Changer
Allows you to change the MAC address of your network interface card
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 10th, 2012
With a pretty self-explanatory name, Technitium MAC Address Changer is one of the tools especially developed to help you change the MAC address of your network adapter.
We've seen multiple applications supposed to perform the same task and most of them are pretty easy to use, with just a basic interface and designed with a single goal in mind.
Well, Technitium MAC Address Changer is a bit different, as it provides multiple tools besides the main feature supposed to help you change the MAC address.
The well-organized interface sports a total of three tabs, all of which are meant to give you full control not only over the MAC address of your network adapter, but also over IP addresses and other network settings.
The so-called “Information” tab shows the current connection, device, hardware and config ID, the current status of TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6, original and active MAC addresses.
The bottom of the window can be used to change the MAC address with one of your own or a randomly-generated one, while Technitium MAC Address Changer also shows the manufacturer it belongs to. You can automatically restart network connection to apply changes and make the new MAC address persistent.
The “IP Address” screen is, just like its name suggests, the right place to enter a new IP address, gateway or DNS servers, while the “Presets” tab enables you to create different profiles and switch from a predefined configuration to another faster.
Technitium MAC Address Changer works flawlessly on all Windows versions, but Windows 7 users need administrator privileges to be able to modify the standard MAC address.
Overall, this is one of the most efficient MAC spoofing tools on the market, as it provides not only an easy to use interface to serve its purpose, but also several other utilities to give more control to its users.
Technitium MAC Address Changer description
Here are some key features of "Technitium MAC Address Changer":
· Allows you to configure Internet Explorer HTTP proxy settings through configuration presets or command line
· Identifies the preset applied to currently selected Network Interface Card (NIC) automatically making it easy to identify settings
· Changes MAC address of Network Interface Card (NIC) including Wireless LAN Cards, irrespective of its manufacturer or its drivers
· Has latest list of all known manufacturers (with corporate addresses) to choose from. You can also enter any MAC address and know which manufacturer it belongs to
· Allows you to select random MAC address from the list of manufacturers by just clicking a button
· Restarts your NIC automatically to apply MAC address changes instantaneously
· Allows you to create Configuration Presets, which saves all your NIC settings and makes it very simple to switch between many settings in just a click and hence saves lot of time
· Allows you to Import or Export Configuration Presets to or from another file, which saves lot of time spent in reconfiguration
· Allows you to load any Configuration Presets when TMAC starts by just double clicking on any Configuration Preset File. (*.cpf file extension)
· Has command line interface which allows you to perform all the tasks from the command prompt or you can even create a DOS batch program to carry out regular tasks.
· Has command line interface for the Installer. (see help for command line parameter details)
· Allows you to export a detailed text report for all the network connections
· Displays all information you would ever need to know about your NIC in one view like Device Name, Configuration ID, Hardware ID, Connection Status, Link Speed, DHCP details, TCP/IP details etc
· Displays total bytes sent and received through the NIC
· Displays current data transfer speed per second
· Allows you to configure IP Address, Gateway and DNS Server for your NIC quickly and instantaneously
· Allows you to enable/disable DHCP instantaneously
· Allows you to Release/Renew DHCP IP address instantaneously
· Displays DHCP lease obtained and lease expires time. (DST time bug removed)
· Allows you to configure Interface Metric instantaneously
· Quick keyboard shortcuts for most operations
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Internet Protocol v6 (IPv6) support added.
· Works on Windows 7 and Windows 8 (Developer Preview) for both 32-bit and 64-bit.
· Automatic Update feature added to update software to latest available version.
· Update network card vendors list feature allows you to download latest vendor data (OUI) from IEEE.org.
· Enhanced network configuration presets with IPv6 support allow you to quickly switch between network configurations.
· Command line options with entire software functionality available. You can select a preset from specified preset file to apply directly.
· Issues in previous version ironed out.