DirectoryScanner is a handy and reliable application which can help you to remotely detect the type of directory servers running on the local network as well as Internet.
Also it can be used in penetration testing while evaluating client environments where multiple Directory servers are deployed. Directory servers are typically used to store crucial data in an organization including employee authentication information. Often getting hold of poorly configured Directory server can be a gold mine for the pentester.
In addition to this, it can greatly help administrators to remotely keep tab on Directory Servers running in their network. At a time you can use it to scan single or multiple systems in the network.
It can detect following popular Directory Servers
· Novell eDirectory
· Microsoft Active Directory
· Open LDAP Directory
· Sun One Directory
· Netscape Directory
· IBM Lotus Domino
· Oracle Directory
Here are some key features of "DirectoryScanner":
· Remotely detect type of Directory Servers in the network.
· Support for popular Directory servers including Active Directory, eDirectory, Open LDAP etc
· Scan single or multiple systems on the network/Internet.
· Ability to stop the scanning operation at any time.
· Save the directory scan report to HTML file
· Support for local Installation & Un-installation.
· Internet Connection
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix for screen refresh problem during the directory scanning operation
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function