Colasoft Capsa Free description
Free network analyzer for network monitoring and troubleshooting
Colasoft Capsa Free is powerful program that successfully deals with network analysis in order to provide you information for troubleshooting and monitoring. It provides users with great experience to learn how to monitor network activities, pinpoint network problems,enhance network security and so on.
Moreover, Capsa Free is a perfect choice for students, teachers and computer geeks to learn protocols and networking technology knowledge.
Note: This version of the program requires an online activation in order to be used and is limited to 50 nodes.
Here are some key features of "Colasoft Capsa Free":
Extended Network Security Analysis:
· Accurately detects DoS (DDoS) attack, Worm activity, ARP attack, TCP port scanning and suspicious conversation and locates the source and target in real-time.
Versatile Traffic & Bandwidth Statistics:
· Monitors Network traffic and Network bandwidth details in graphs and numbers.
Advanced Network Protocol Analysis:
· Being able to support more than 300 protocols, Capsa make it easy to analyze protocols in network and understand what is happening.
In-depth Packet Decoding:
· Capsa captures all network packets transmitted on network and displays detailed packet decoding information in Hex, ASCII and EBCDIC.
Multiple Network Behavior Monitoring:
· Monitors HTTP, Email, DNS, FTP, MSN and Yahoo! Messenger.
Extensive Statistics of Each Host:
· Lists all hosts in network with details (traffic, IP, MAC, etc.).
Automatic Expert Network Diagnosis:
· Automatically diagnoses network problems and suggests solutions.
Visualized Connections in Matrix:
· Visualizes the entire network in an ellipse, showing connections and traffic.
Powerful Conversation Analysis:
· Monitors all conversations and reconstruct packet stream.
Useful & Valuable Built-in Tools:
· Free built-in tools to create and replay packets; scan and ping IPs.
Quick & Intuitive Report:
· Provides various reports regarding concerned items.
· P4 1.2G CPU
· 1GB RAM
· Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adds the identification and decoding of the protocols: SIP, SDP, MEGACO/H.248, MGCP, Q931, SAP, H.225, RMI, Oracle, MMS, GOOSE, SMV, and GMRP.
· Restored the manufacturer information for the Colasoft MAC Scanner.
· Resolved Checksum Error in the Summary column on the Packet view when decoding UDP protocol under IPv6.
· Eliminated program crash during packet file replay.