NetShareMonitor is the application to watch your shared files from the intruders and thereby protecting your shares from unauthorized access.
As soon as remote user connects to your machine, NetShareMonitor detects it and displays information about that session.
The session information includes remote host address, remote user name, list of accessed files and time of connection.
Entire details pertaining to each session will be logged to file for future analysis. The program can show you the active sessions with details including the remote host, logged user and number of opened files.
Here are some key features of "NetShareMonitor":
Alert on Remote Connection:
· As soon as the remote user connects to your machine, alert will be generated by playing the music and the NetShareMonitor icon in system tray starts blinking to draw your attention.
Null Session Detection:
· Null connection is the first step taken by the hackers to get information about your system. When you see the session without username that is generally due to "Null connection" . NetShareMonitor will help you to detect any such intruder trying to penetrate your system.
Full Session Information:
· NetShareMonitor provides you with full session information including the remote hostname and the username which will help you to track down the intruder quickly. It shows time details such as "Start Time" and "Active time" gives idea about when the remote session was started and how long the session was active. Shared file access list gives details about the files that have been accessed during that particular session.
· This application is very easy to use and customize. No special installation is required; you have to just click on it to launch the application. On minimize it will hide and sit in the system tray, silently watching your shared files from intruders. You can easily customize various options through settings dialog.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New fully Renovated Edition with Smart Refresh of Remote Sessions/Files.
· Live HTML based Sessions & Accessed File logging.
· Settings to dynamically enable/disable live monitoring, logging and alert mechanisms.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function