Softpedia Editor's Review for IP Tools (formerly IP Sniffer)
A free protocol analyzer, that uses the Raw Socket features
Written by Alexandru Pintilie on September 24th, 2012
IP Tools ensembles a collection of various applications targeting the network adapter of your computer. The main component of IP Tools is the packet sniffer (aka network / protocol / packet analyzer or Ethernet / wireless sniffer) that intercepts and logs network traffic.
In order to work with any Windows version, the sniffer uses three methods: the new raw socket implementation of Windows 2000, the WinPcap application or the NDIS protocol. Its main objectives are filtering, decoding and parsing. The interface looks pretty simple at the surface, but once you get into its menus, a whole new world reveals itself. One thing is certain - IP Tools is definitely an application built for advanced users.
The suite consists of multiple individual tools, ranging from basic bandwidth monitoring to spoofing and decoding. The included bandwidth monitor works both locally and remotely, providing the IP LAN activity for the selected interface. The Adapter Statistics program displays data for several protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP or ICMP alongside graphs for directed, broadcast and multicast packets.
You can easily list all ARP entries, find out what ports are opened, retrieve information for specific network adapters or view the routing table of your PC. Other tools help you hook Winsock APIs to certain processes, perform ARP spoofs by tricking remote hosts with bogus ARP replies as well as TCP, UDP or ICMP packets.
MAC address changing is possible along with SNMP, WINS, DNS, DHCP or SMTP configuration. Hostname Resolver is also included in the pack in addition to Whois, TCP tools (scan, ping or client/server), UDP tools (MSSQL / SNMP / SSDP ping) and ICMP tools (ping and tracert).
You can also make use of various decoder tools comprising Protected Storage, Dump Credentials, Password Reveal, Dialup Password, Hash Calculator or Decode IE History / Base64 / MDB or RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol). The collection concludes with numerous MS Networks, processes, firewall and Internet IP applications such as retrieval of NetBIOS names table, remote registry or drivers.
IP Tools features a comprehensive set of programs to say the least. It encases the a great pack of network software that comes in very handy for network administration daily tasks as well as more in-depth analysis and configuration. Although its interface does not make it attractive at all, IP Tools fills that gap with a broad selection of precise programs to make network management a swifter experience.
IP Tools (formerly IP Sniffer) description
Here are some key features of "IP Tools (formerly IP Sniffer)":
The IP tools are:
· Bandwidth monitor
· Adapter statistics (IP & NDIS)
· Wireless Stumbler
· List and manage ARP entries, resolve IP to MAC, resolve MAC to IP, send a WAKEUP call
· List and manage routes, enable & disable host as a router
· List and manage open ports and attached processes. view view
· Edit network config
· Hook winsock (winsock32.dll & ws2_32.dll)
· Spoof ARP (and do ARP cache poisoning), spoof TCP, spoof UDP, spoof ICMP, spoof DHCP Release
· Change MAC address, discover remote mac addresses. view
· SNMP Get & Set, List interfaces, Switch port mapper, Media Attachment Unit table
· WINS Query
· DNS (advanced) Query, DNS Server, Local resolver
· DHCP Server (with PXE support), DHCP Discover
· Whois Query
· SMTP client
· TCP tools (TCP ping, TCP half scan, Time-Daytime client/server)
· UDP tools (MSSQL Ping, SNMP ping, SSDP scan, Syslog client/server, Time-Daytime client/server, tftp server).
· ICMP tools
· TCP/UDP bounce port
· Enum servers by type, Spoof net send, Shutdown remote windows, Display remote windows properties, Display remote netbios names, Enum Terminal Services processes and sessions, Enum remote print ports, Enum remote drivers, Enum remote AT jobs, Enum remote scheduled tasks
· Edit protected storage (IE, Outlook Express, ·?) , Decrypt Dialup Passwords , Dump XP Credentials ( MSN, network shares, ·?) & decrypt passwords , Decode IE history, Reveal asterisks / hidden passwords, decode RDP, Decode MSAccess passwords, enum WEP keys
· List and manage local & remote processes
· Tiny firewall (using Windows API)
· Get internet IP
· Network Adapter
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· added : snmphelper class
· modified : snmp scan / ping subnet / arp scan -> thread uses postmessage (more thread safe)
· added : xpath functions in bookmark window / load-save from-to xml http
· added : can choose returned properties of ldap search query / dump query to xml / dump children to xml
· modified : md5 hash used to cipher. 3des encryption added. hexa/text switch. vnc encrypt/decrypt (need 3des.dll)
· modified : uses clause cleanup with icarus
· modifed : zlib updated to zlibex 1.2.3
system crash :
· reinstall mrubox, hstbox, hexedit,
· jvcl+jcl (had to recompile setupapi.pas with win2000_up in windowsversion.inc)
· latest masdhi version
· added : one extra free option in dhcp (to support keep-san option in gpxe)
· added : can send empty filename when gpxe user class is detected (to allow boot on san)
· fixed : will work on windows 7
· fixed : bug on iplen
· fixed : bug in getiftable in win7
· added : can load and save royal ts files in bookmark window
· fixed : in bookmark window, upd...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that IP Tools (formerly IP Sniffer) 220.127.116.11 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |